Quantcast

yaw speed and forward speed

light86
This post was updated on .
hi i'm trying to change the direction of the robot while the robot is moving
this is my code
    p2dProxy.SetSpeed(0.8,dtor(30));
    sleep(2);

in the execution the direction is not 30 degrees
Please what is the solution
Thank you

Re: yaw speed and forwad speed

Fred Labrosse
On Tuesday 04 June 2013 04:15:50 light86 wrote:
> hi i'm trying to change the direction of the robot while the robot is moving
> this is my code
>     p2dProxy.SetSpeed(0.8,dtor(30));
>     sleep(2);
>
> in the execution the direction is not 30 degrees
> Please what is the solution
> Thank you

The function SetSpeed(), as its name indicates, sets the speed, not an
absolute position or orientation.  With the line above, you tell your robot to
turn at a rate of 30 degrees per second and move at 0.8 metre per second.  So
if the robot can do these speeds, after 2 seconds it will have moved by 1.6
metres (note, along its curved path) and turned by 60 degrees.  These are very
high speeds and the robot is unlikely to be able to do that.  Also, it takes a
while for the robot to get to the desired speed and to stop (assuming that
after 2 seconds you tell it to stop).

Hope this helps.

Fred

> Nabble.com.

Re: yaw speed and forwad speed

light86
dear thank you
i've change my sleep time in sleep (1)
i've notice that the angle now is not 30 degrees
i don't want to stop the motion of the robot and test the angle
please is there any solution to get the angle that I want
Thank you

On Tuesday 04 June 2013 04:40:19 light86 wrote:
> dear thank you
> i've change my sleep time in sleep (1)
> i've notice that the angle now is not 30 degrees
> i don't want to stop the motion of the robot and test the angle
> please is there any solution to get the angle that I want
> Thank you

As said *many* times recently, you need to write a controller that sets the
speed, monitors the current angle and stop turning when the desired angle is
reached.

Fred

> at Nabble.com.

Re: yaw speed and forwad speed

light86
hi thank you
i have write the controller it work thank you
but what i know is why player  can't turn the robot with the angle that i want?
(i've also use sleep(1)
Thank you