worldss

Lucas De Marchi
I'm needing some world files to test my program.... mainly indoor ones. Could anyone send me some world files? Or... where can I find some ready ones?

Thanks

<HR>
Lucas Martins De Marchi

Re: worldss

Nate Koenig
Try look in the worlds directory in the gazebo source.

-nate

On 12/15/05, Lucas Martins De Marchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm needing some world files to test my program.... mainly indoor ones.
> Could anyone send me some world files? Or... where can I find some ready
> ones?
>
>  Thanks
>
> --
> <HR>
> Lucas Martins De Marchi

Re: Re: worldss

Lucas De Marchi
There isn't any indoor world file there... It would be amazing if everybody can share world files...

Lucas

On 12/15/05, [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:29:51 -0800
From: Nate Koenig <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [PlayerStage-Gazebo] worldss

Try look in the worlds directory in the gazebo source.

-nate

On 12/15/05, Lucas Martins De Marchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm needing some world files to test my program.... mainly indoor ones.
> Could anyone send me some world files? Or... where can I find some ready
> ones?
>
>  Thanks

> <HR>
> Lucas Martins De Marchi

Re: Re: worldss

Repiphany
Lucas,

To create an 'indoor' world file, you might try a few things:

1) Create six planes and position them into a cube.  I'm not sure if
you can have multiple planes in a single world though, as I think
gravity is calculated perpendicular to the ground plane.

2) Use the simple solids to make a very large box, and position your
camera, light, and other models inside of the box.  I'm not sure, and
maybe Nate could verify, but I think doing this would degrade
performance, as you're adding more bodies.

3) You may also try creating a simple box that is very large, turn off
all of the collision detection, and then try placing objects within
the box geometry -- I would be surprised if this worked.

I haven't tried any of these, so I doubt they'll work, but if you do
get something to work, posting the world file on the list would be
serviceable way to share with everybody.

-Ryan

On 12/17/05, Lucas Martins De Marchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There isn't any indoor world file there... It would be amazing if everybody
> can share world files...
>
>  Lucas
>

> On 12/15/05,
> [hidden email]
> > Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:29:51 -0800
> > From: Nate Koenig <[hidden email]>
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Re: [PlayerStage-Gazebo] worldss
> >
> > Try look in the worlds directory in the gazebo source.
> >
> > -nate
> >
> > On 12/15/05, Lucas Martins De Marchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > I'm needing some world files to test my program.... mainly indoor ones.
> > > Could anyone send me some world files? Or... where can I find some ready
> > > ones?
> > >
> > >  Thanks
> > >
> > > --
> > > <HR>
> > > Lucas Martins De Marchi

Re: Re: worldss

Repiphany
Sorry, to distinguish a bit more between 2 & 3:

2) this would use multiple simple solids stacking them together,
making a big box

3) this would only use one large simple solid

-Ryan

On 12/17/05, Repiphany <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lucas,
>
> To create an 'indoor' world file, you might try a few things:
>
> 1) Create six planes and position them into a cube.  I'm not sure if
> you can have multiple planes in a single world though, as I think
> gravity is calculated perpendicular to the ground plane.
>
> 2) Use the simple solids to make a very large box, and position your
> camera, light, and other models inside of the box.  I'm not sure, and
> maybe Nate could verify, but I think doing this would degrade
> performance, as you're adding more bodies.
>
> 3) You may also try creating a simple box that is very large, turn off
> all of the collision detection, and then try placing objects within
> the box geometry -- I would be surprised if this worked.
>
> I haven't tried any of these, so I doubt they'll work, but if you do
> get something to work, posting the world file on the list would be
> serviceable way to share with everybody.
>
> -Ryan
>
> On 12/17/05, Lucas Martins De Marchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > There isn't any indoor world file there... It would be amazing if everybody
> > can share world files...
> >
> >  Lucas
> >

> > On 12/15/05,
> > [hidden email]
> > > Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:29:51 -0800
> > > From: Nate Koenig <[hidden email]>
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Subject: Re: [PlayerStage-Gazebo] worldss
> > >
> > > Try look in the worlds directory in the gazebo source.
> > >
> > > -nate

Re: worldss

Yiannis-6

On 15/12/05, Lucas Martins De Marchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm needing some world files to test my program.... mainly indoor ones. Could anyone send me some world files? Or... where can I find some ready ones?

Well you can draw some kind of world as an image and use gzbuilder.... Depending on your needs you could leave the roof open....

--
-- Yiannis