Quantcast

wifi problem in player 3.0.2 and stage 3.2.2

wifi problem in player 3.0.2 and stage 3.2.2

ankesh
I am unable to use wifi module in player/stage.
-
we have done the below procedure.
Expand the "attached files" and download the files.
Put the file "wander_wifi.cc" into the stage/examples/ctrl/ directory.
Put the file "communication.cc" into the stage/libstage/ directory.
Put the file "wifi_comm.patch" into the stage/ directory

Go into the root of the stage distribution (ie stage/), and run the
following command to apply the patch:
patch -p0 -i wifi_comm.patch

Follow the normal stage compile directions, to get everything built.

To see a demonstration of the wifi working, run stage and use the world
file worlds/wifi.world.
To see how the communication interface works, look at the wander_wifi.cc
file mentioned above.
>After doing the above procedure

->if i run wifi.cfg file in the world directory of stage it shows the following error
 Stage plugin:  6665.simulation.0 is a Stage world
err: Model type wifi not found in model typetable
(/home/ankesh/PlayerStage/Stage-3.2.2-Source/libstage/world.cc CreateModel)
err: Unknown model type wifi in world file.
(/home/ankesh/PlayerStage/Stage-3.2.2-Source/libstage/world.cc CreateModel)
Can anyone help me....

Re: wifi problem in player 3.0.2 and stage 3.2.2

Rich Mattes-2
On 03/20/2013 09:39 AM, ankesh maram wrote:
I am unable to use wifi module in player/stage.
-
we have done the below procedure.
Expand the "attached files" and download the files.
Put the file "wander_wifi.cc" into the stage/examples/ctrl/ directory.
Put the file "communication.cc" into the stage/libstage/ directory.
Put the file "wifi_comm.patch" into the stage/ directory

Go into the root of the stage distribution (ie stage/), and run the
following command to apply the patch:
patch -p0 -i wifi_comm.patch

Follow the normal stage compile directions, to get everything built.

To see a demonstration of the wifi working, run stage and use the world
file worlds/wifi.world.
To see how the communication interface works, look at the wander_wifi.cc
file mentioned above.
>After doing the above procedure

->if i run wifi.cfg file in the world directory of stage it shows the following error
 Stage plugin:  6665.simulation.0 is a Stage world
err: Model type wifi not found in model typetable
(/home/ankesh/PlayerStage/Stage-3.2.2-Source/libstage/world.cc CreateModel)
err: Unknown model type wifi in world file.
(/home/ankesh/PlayerStage/Stage-3.2.2-Source/libstage/world.cc CreateModel)
Can anyone help me....

Where did you find these patches, on the sourceforge tracker?  I think that those were made against an older version of Stage or had missing pieces.  I had a github branch a while ago where I ported those patches to the (then) current Stage and was able to run with the wifi model.  You can see how your code compares to that at
https://github.com/jpgr87/Stage/tree/wifi

Re: wifi problem in player 3.0.2 and stage 3.2.2

ankesh
Thanks for reply...

I have seen the link Which you have posted in previous message(https://github.com/jpgr87/Stage/tree/wifi),there is no description in these how to add patch to the stage.

Even though i follwed the same procedure Expanding the "attached files" and download the files from https://github.com/jpgr87/Stage/tree/wifi (namely communication.cc,wander_wifi.cc but wifi_comm.patch file was not there in these link even though i have taken it from   http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2878504&group_id=42445&atid=433166).

PROCEDURE I FOLLOWED FOR APPLYING PATCH:

Kepping the file "wander_wifi.cc" into the stage/examples/ctrl/ directory.

Kepping the file "communication.cc" into the stage/libstage/ directory.

Kepping the file "wifi_comm.patch" into the stage/ directory Go into the root of the stage distribution (ie stage/),(these file is not there in these https://github.com/jpgr87/Stage/tree/wifi,even though i have taken it from  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2878504&group_id=42445&atid=433166).

And iam running the following command to apply the patch: patch -p0 -i wifi_comm.patch

But iam getting same error:

>if i run wifi.cfg file in the world directory of stage it shows the following error
 Stage plugin:  6665.simulation.0 is a Stage world
err: Model type wifi not found in model typetable
(/home/ankesh/PlayerStage/Stage-3.2.2-Source/libstage/world.cc CreateModel)
err: Unknown model type wifi in world file.
(/home/ankesh/PlayerStage/Stage-3.2.2-Source/libstage/world.cc CreateModel)

Please give me proper explination for adding wifi patch,commands to add patch and files required to add patch.

Can you please give me proper explination and patch files for adding wifi patch to (player 3.0.2 stage 3.2.2).

Thank you

On 04/24/2013 11:35 AM, ankesh wrote:

> Please give me proper explination for adding wifi patch,commands to add
> patch and files required to add patch.
>
> Can you please give me proper explination and patch files for adding wifi
> patch to (player 3.0.2 stage 3.2.2).
>
> Thank you

 From inside the Stage-3.2.2-Source directory you can run:
patch -p0 < /path/to/wifi_comm.patch

"man patch" has more details on how to use the patch command.

Re: wifi problem in player 3.0.2 and stage 3.2.2

ankesh
Thank you once again for your reply...

I need patch files and procedure to apply patch...

The link which you give in first reply,in that iam able to get only 2 files(namely communication.cc,wander_wifi.cc) what about wifi_comm.patch iam unable to get that file from these link((https://github.com/jpgr87/Stage/tree/wifi),without wifi_comm.patch file we cannot apply these command (patch -p0 < /path/to/wifi_comm.patch ) right ?.

so kindly give me a proper link for downloading the patch files and "proper procedure for applying wifi patch to stage 3.2.2"...i have been struked at middle of my project..plz help me out..

Thank you

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM, ankesh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you once again for your reply...

I need patch files and procedure to apply patch...

The link which you give in first reply,in that iam able to get only 2
files(namely communication.cc,wander_wifi.cc) what about wifi_comm.patch iam
unable to get that file from these
link((https://github.com/jpgr87/Stage/tree/wifi),without wifi_comm.patch
file we cannot apply these command (patch -p0 < /path/to/wifi_comm.patch )
right ?.

so kindly give me a proper link for downloading the patch files and "*proper
procedure for applying wifi patch to stage 3.2.2*"...i have been struked at
middle of my project..plz help me out..

1. Download Stage 3.2.2 source release
2. Download communication.cc, wander_wifi.cc, and wifi_comm.patch from http://sourceforge.net/p/playerstage/patches/498/
3. Unpack Stage 3.2.2, cd into Stage-3.2.2-Source
4. Copy communication.cc into libstage
5. Copy wander_wifi.cc into examples/ctrl
6. Apply wifi_comm.patch to source using the command patch -p0 < /path/to/wifi_comm.patch
7. mkdir build; cd build; cmake ..; make

Re: wifi problem in player 3.0.2 and stage 3.2.2

ankesh
Thank you for your reply...

I understood the first five steps.

But can you explain me 6th step properly, i didn't get that. if we apply that command  it directly patches or we have to copy the file(wifi_comm.patch) to the stage-3.2.2-source.

I tried with copying wifi_comm.patch  file in to the stage-3.2.2-source and i applied patch command what you gave.

But iam getting following error.

bash: /path/to/wifi_comm.patch: No such file or directory  is there any wrong with my procedure ?

plz explain me properly 6th step with detailed explanation...

After applying patch how to test whether wifi module is working or not..? explain me these step also..

Thank you

Re: wifi problem in player 3.0.2 and stage 3.2.2

Richard Vaughan-2
*bash: /path/to/wifi_comm.patch: No such file or directory*  is there any
wrong with my procedure ?

You were supposed to replace "/path/to/" with the actual path to your
patch. We are assuming you have some basic code wrangling skills and
ability to apply a little common sense to our instructions. Patching
is a basic skill that can be looked up online, and not
Player-specific.

Please don't ask "*plz explain me properly 6th step with detailed
explanation... *" without putting in some background research. We
wrote all this code and docs for you already. Please be respectful
when asking us to do additional work for you.

- rtv