Quantcast

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgeos

oumay
I am trying to install simulator Player-stage on Kubuntu 12.04.
I followed the following link http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/playerstage
passing the "make" command to begin the installation of Player, he told me the following error, which has blocked me.

 [  1%] Built target playercommon
[  1%] Generating functiontable_gen.h
[  2%] Built target functiontable_gen
[  2%] Generating interface_table.h
[  3%] Built target interface_table
[  3%] Generating player_interfaces.h
[  3%] Built target player_interfaces
[  5%] Built target playerinterface
[  5%] Generating playerxdr.?
[  6%] Built target playerxdr_src
Scanning dependencies of target playerjpeg
[  6%] Building C object libplayerjpeg/CMakeFiles/playerjpeg.dir/playerjpeg.o
Linking C shared library libplayerjpeg.so
[  6%] Built target playerjpeg
[b]Linking C shared library libplayerwkb.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgeos
make[2]: *** [libplayerwkb/libplayerwkb.so.3.0.0] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libplayerwkb/CMakeFiles/playerwkb.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2[/b]

Please help me I can not solve this problem, I am totally blocked knowing that I am a beginner in linux and this is the first time I use PLayer-Stage
  thank you in advance

Re: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgeos

aaldaihan
there is a script which will automate the process of installing player/stage , this also include installing dependencies,

check this script by Samuel Jackson

just make sure u have the following before u install : gcc , g++ , cmake , make
i've tried this script on ubuntu 12.04 , xubuntu 12.04 and lubuntu 12.04 and it work fine.

hope this helped,