Quantcast

undefined symbol: _ZN10SerialPortC1ERKSs

undefined symbol: _ZN10SerialPortC1ERKSs

Dustin Webb
I am in the process of writing a driver for the SSC-32 (http://www.lynxmotion.com/p-395-ssc-32-servo-controller.aspx). It compiles just fine however when I start player and connect a client I am presented with the following error:

### BEGIN OUTPUT ###
dustin:~/ssc32$ player ssc32.cfg
Registering driver
Player v.3.0.2

* Part of the Player/Stage/Gazebo Project [http://playerstage.sourceforge.net].
* Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Brian Gerkey, Richard Vaughan, Andrew Howard,
* Nate Koenig, and contributors. Released under the GNU General Public License.
* Player comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you
* are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; see COPYING
* for details.

warning : absolute path plugin /home/dustin/ssc32/build/libssc32
invoking player_driver_init()...
SSC32 driver initializing
SSC32 driver done
success
ssc32.cfg:10 warning: field [port] is defined but not used
listening on 6665
Listening on ports: 6665
accepted UDP client 0 on port 6665
SSC32 driver initialising
player: symbol lookup error: /home/dustin/ssc32/build/libssc32.so: undefined symbol: _ZN10SerialPortC1ERKSs
### END OUTPUT ###

I believe the problem is with the way I have compiled the plugin. However I am new to the CMake system and am hoping someone here can help me understand how to do this correctly.

I am working on Ubuntu 10.10 with gcc 4.4.5. Furthermore I have attached the code (see ssc32.h & ssc32.cc) as well as the CMakeLists.txt and config file I'm using.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dustin Webb

ssc32.cc (14K) Download Attachment
ssc32.h (3K) Download Attachment
ssc32.cfg (294 bytes) Download Attachment
CMakeLists.txt (414 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: undefined symbol: _ZN10SerialPortC1ERKSs

Rich Mattes-2
On 4/15/2011 6:22 PM, Dustin Webb wrote:

> I am in the process of writing a driver for the SSC-32
> (http://www.lynxmotion.com/p-395-ssc-32-servo-controller.aspx). It
> compiles just fine however when I start player and connect a client I
> am presented with the following error:
>
> ### BEGIN OUTPUT ###
> dustin:~/ssc32$ player ssc32.cfg
> Registering driver
> Player v.3.0.2
>
> * Part of the Player/Stage/Gazebo Project
> [http://playerstage.sourceforge.net].
> * Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Brian Gerkey, Richard Vaughan, Andrew Howard,
> * Nate Koenig, and contributors. Released under the GNU General Public
> License.
> * Player comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software,
> and you
> * are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; see COPYING
> * for details.
>
> warning : absolute path plugin /home/dustin/ssc32/build/libssc32
> invoking player_driver_init()...
> SSC32 driver initializing
> SSC32 driver done
> success
> ssc32.cfg:10 warning: field [port] is defined but not used
> listening on 6665
> Listening on ports: 6665
> accepted UDP client 0 on port 6665
> SSC32 driver initialising
> player: symbol lookup error: /home/dustin/ssc32/build/libssc32.so:
> undefined symbol: _ZN10SerialPortC1ERKSs
> ### END OUTPUT ###
>
> I believe the problem is with the way I have compiled the plugin.
> However I am new to the CMake system and am hoping someone here can
> help me understand how to do this correctly.
>
> I am working on Ubuntu 10.10 with gcc 4.4.5. Furthermore I have
> attached the code (see ssc32.h & ssc32.cc) as well as the
> CMakeLists.txt and config file I'm using.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Dustin Webb
You are including a file called SerialPort.h, is this a class you have
written yourself with a corresponding cpp file?  Is it part of a library?

If it's a class you've written yourself, you'll need to add the
SerialPort.cpp file that goes along with the header file as a source in
CMakeLIsts.txt.  If it's built as an external library, you'll need to
link to that library in CMakeLists.txt, probably by using the
"target_link_libraries" CMake option.

Re: undefined symbol: _ZN10SerialPortC1ERKSs

Dustin Webb
Rich:

I should have mentioned that I was just trying to use libserial. None-the-less target_link_libraries was exactly what I needed.

Thanks again,
Dustin

On 4/15/2011 6:22 PM, Dustin Webb wrote:
> I am in the process of writing a driver for the SSC-32
> (http://www.lynxmotion.com/p-395-ssc-32-servo-controller.aspx). It
> compiles just fine however when I start player and connect a client I
> am presented with the following error:
>
> ### BEGIN OUTPUT ###
> dustin:~/ssc32$ player ssc32.cfg
> Registering driver
> Player v.3.0.2
>
> * Part of the Player/Stage/Gazebo Project
> [http://playerstage.sourceforge.net].

> * Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Brian Gerkey, Richard Vaughan, Andrew Howard,
> * Nate Koenig, and contributors. Released under the GNU General Public
> License.
> * Player comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software,
> and you
> * are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; see COPYING
> * for details.
>
> warning : absolute path plugin /home/dustin/ssc32/build/libssc32
> invoking player_driver_init()...
> SSC32 driver initializing
> SSC32 driver done
> success
> ssc32.cfg:10 warning: field [port] is defined but not used
> listening on 6665
> Listening on ports: 6665
> accepted UDP client 0 on port 6665
> SSC32 driver initialising
> player: symbol lookup error: /home/dustin/ssc32/build/libssc32.so:
> undefined symbol: _ZN10SerialPortC1ERKSs
> ### END OUTPUT ###
>
> I believe the problem is with the way I have compiled the plugin.
> However I am new to the CMake system and am hoping someone here can
> help me understand how to do this correctly.
>
> I am working on Ubuntu 10.10 with gcc 4.4.5. Furthermore I have
> attached the code (see ssc32.h & ssc32.cc) as well as the
> CMakeLists.txt and config file I'm using.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Dustin Webb
You are including a file called SerialPort.h, is this a class you have
written yourself with a corresponding cpp file?  Is it part of a library?

If it's a class you've written yourself, you'll need to add the
SerialPort.cpp file that goes along with the header file as a source in
CMakeLIsts.txt.  If it's built as an external library, you'll need to
link to that library in CMakeLists.txt, probably by using the
"target_link_libraries" CMake option.

Re: undefined symbol: _ZN10SerialPortC1ERKSs

blacksheep423
Dustin,

Did you ever finish this driver and get it working?  I'm in the process of building a player compatible lynxmotion robot, so if I could avoid having to rewrite this driver it would be extremely useful to me.

Also, how are you connecting player to the servo controller?  Through the serial port on the SSC-32?

Thanks!

Dustin Webb wrote
[...]

/*
 *  Player - One Hell of a Robot Server
 *  Copyright (C) 2011
 *     Dustin Webb
 *     Based on Example Driver by Brian Gerkey 2003
 *
 *
 *  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 *  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 *  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
 *  (at your option) any later version.
 *
 *  This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
 *  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
 *  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
 *  GNU General Public License for more details.
 *
 *  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
 *  along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
 *  Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA
 *
 */

/*
 * A simple example of how to write a driver that will be built as a
 * shared object.
 */

// ONLY if you need something that was #define'd as a result of configure
// (e.g., HAVE_CFMAKERAW), then #include <config.h>, like so:
/*
#include <config.h>
*/

#if !defined (WIN32)
  #include <unistd.h>
#endif
#include <string.h>
#include <string>
#include <SerialPort.h>
#include <map>

#include <libplayercore/playercore.h>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// The class for the driver
class Ssc32 : public ThreadedDriver
{
  public:

    // Constructor; need that
    Ssc32(ConfigFile* cf, int section);

    // This method will be invoked on each incoming message
    virtual int ProcessMessage(QueuePointer &resp_queue,
                               player_msghdr * hdr,
                               void * data);

  private:

    // Utility function to handle commands
    int HandleCommand(player_msghdr * hdr,
                               void * data);

    // Utility function to handle requests
    int HandleRequest(QueuePointer &resp_queue,
                               player_msghdr * hdr,
                               void * data);

    // Utility function to set actuator position
    int setPosition(int act, int value);

    // Utility function to set actuator speed
    int setSpeed(int act, int value);

    // Main function for device thread.
    virtual void Main();
    virtual int MainSetup();
    virtual void MainQuit();

    // Serial port related member variables
    std::string port_address;
    SerialPort* serial_port;
    SerialPort::BaudRate baud;

    typedef std::map<int, int> positions_t;
    typedef std::map<int, int> speeds_t;

    positions_t positions;
    speeds_t speeds;
};

CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED (VERSION 2.4 FATAL_ERROR)
PROJECT (playerplugin_examples)

# Include this CMake module to get most of the settings needed to build
SET (CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "@CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX@/share/cmake/Modules")
INCLUDE (UsePlayerPlugin)

PLAYER_ADD_PLUGIN_DRIVER (ssc32 SOURCES ssc32.cc)

Re: undefined symbol: _ZN10SerialPortC1ERKSs

Rich Mattes-2

That discussion thread does have an answer: there was a missing link to
libserial.  You can add the correct link via CMake using the
target_link_libraries(projectname libraryname) command, or use
-l<libraryname> on the gcc command line.

gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E

Qubaish Bhatti

there is a error while running the Gazebo ..... usr/local/share/gazebo/worlds gazebo pioneer2dx.world
gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E
plzzz guys if some one know ...... help me thanks

Re: gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E

Qubaish Bhatti
i am using gazebo-1.0.0 ....... !
Nate Koenig wrote

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Qubaish Bhatti <qbhatti09@yahoo.com>wrote:

> there is a error while running the Gazebo .....
> usr/local/share/gazebo/worlds gazebo pioneer2dx.world
> gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol:
> _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E
> plzzz guys if some one know ...... help me thanks

Re: gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E

Nate Koenig
I would recommend using gazebo 1.3:

http://gazebosim.org/downloads.html

Install instructions:

-nate

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM, Qubaish Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:

i am using gazebo-1.0.0 ....... !

Nate Koenig wrote:

> What version of gazebo are you running?
>

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Qubaish Bhatti
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> there is a error while running the Gazebo .....
>> usr/local/share/gazebo/worlds gazebo pioneer2dx.world
>> gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol:
>> _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E
>> plzzz guys if some one know ...... help me thanks

Re: gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E

Qubaish Bhatti
now sir i install gazebo 1.3 ..... lot of problems has been solved but yet there is another error occurred while running the example gazebo empty.world
"
Error [parser.cc:70] Unable to find or open SDF file[]
Error [Server.cc:214] Unable to initialize sdf
"

Nate Koenig wrote
I would recommend using gazebo 1.3:

http://gazebosim.org/downloads.html

Install instructions:
http://gazebosim.org/wiki/1.3/install

-nate

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM, Qubaish Bhatti <qbhatti09@yahoo.com>wrote:

> i am using gazebo-1.0.0 ....... !
>
> Nate Koenig wrote:
> >
> > What version of gazebo are you running?
> >

> > On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Qubaish Bhatti
> > <qbhatti09@yahoo.com>wrote:
> >

> >> there is a error while running the Gazebo .....
> >> usr/local/share/gazebo/worlds gazebo pioneer2dx.world
> >> gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol:
> >> _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E
> >> plzzz guys if some one know ...... help me thanks

Re: gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E

Nate Koenig
Did you source Gazebo's setup.sh file?

Can you post the output of this command:

printenv | grep GAZEBO

-nate

Nate Koenig wrote:

> I would recommend using gazebo 1.3:
>
> http://gazebosim.org/downloads.html
>
> Install instructions:
> http://gazebosim.org/wiki/1.3/install
>
> -nate
>

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM, Qubaish Bhatti
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> i am using gazebo-1.0.0 ....... !
>>
>> Nate Koenig wrote:
>> >
>> > What version of gazebo are you running?

Re: gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E

Qubaish Bhatti
Sir now  i install Gazebo 1.3 .... lot of problems has been solved .... but sill there is error while running the example .... "Gazebo empty.world"
ERROR: "Unable to initialize SDF files"
[sever error]
[parser error]
kindly help me ..... thnx
Nate Koenig wrote
I would recommend using gazebo 1.3:

http://gazebosim.org/downloads.html

Install instructions:
http://gazebosim.org/wiki/1.3/install

-nate

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM, Qubaish Bhatti <qbhatti09@yahoo.com>wrote:

> i am using gazebo-1.0.0 ....... !
>
> Nate Koenig wrote:
> >
> > What version of gazebo are you running?
> >

> > On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Qubaish Bhatti
> > <qbhatti09@yahoo.com>wrote:
> >

> >> there is a error while running the Gazebo .....
> >> usr/local/share/gazebo/worlds gazebo pioneer2dx.world
> >> gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol:
> >> _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E
> >> plzzz guys if some one know ...... help me thanks

Re: gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E

Nate Koenig
I still need to see the output of:

printenv | grep GAZEBO

-nate

Nate Koenig wrote:

> I would recommend using gazebo 1.3:
>
> http://gazebosim.org/downloads.html
>
> Install instructions:
> http://gazebosim.org/wiki/1.3/install
>
> -nate
>

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM, Qubaish Bhatti
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> i am using gazebo-1.0.0 ....... !
>>
>> Nate Koenig wrote:
>> >
>> > What version of gazebo are you running?

Re: gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E

Qubaish Bhatti
http://gazebosim.org/wiki/Quickstart
here i get instruction to start the gazebo....
when i run the gzclient following error occur.
qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:~$ gzclient
Gazebo multi-robot simulator, version 1.3.0
Copyright (C) 2012 Nate Koenig, John Hsu, and contributors.
Released under the Apache 2 License.
http://gazebosim.org

Msg Waiting for master
Msg Connected to gazebo master @ http://localhost.localdomain:11345
Error [Rendering.cc:37] Failed to load the Rendering engine subsystem
unable to find OpenGL rendering system. OGRE is probably installed incorrectly. Double check the OGRE cmake output, and make sure OpenGL is enabled.
Warning [ModelDatabase.cc:93] GAZEBO_MODEL_DATABASE_URI not set
Warning [ModelDatabase.cc:93] GAZEBO_MODEL_DATABASE_URI not set
Warning [ModelDatabase.cc:137] Unable to connect to model database using [/]. Only locally installed models will be available.Error [WindowManager.cc:96]  Unable to create the rendering window
Error [WindowManager.cc:96]  Unable to create the rendering window
Error [WindowManager.cc:96]  Unable to create the rendering window
Error [WindowManager.cc:96]  Unable to create the rendering window
Error [WindowManager.cc:96]  Unable to create the rendering window
Error [WindowManager.cc:96]  Unable to create the rendering window
Error [WindowManager.cc:96]  Unable to create the rendering window
Error [WindowManager.cc:96]  Unable to create the rendering window
Error [WindowManager.cc:96]  Unable to create the rendering window
Error [WindowManager.cc:96]  Unable to create the rendering window
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'gazebo::common::Exception'
Aborted
and if we simply run any world example then following error occur
qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:~$ cd ..
qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:/home$ cd ..
qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:/$ cd usr
qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:/usr$ cd local
qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:/usr/local$ cd share
qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:/usr/local/share$ cd gazebo-1.3
qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:/usr/local/share/gazebo-1.3$ cd worlds
qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:/usr/local/share/gazebo-1.3/worlds$ gazebo actor.world
Gazebo multi-robot simulator, version 1.3.0
Copyright (C) 2012 Nate Koenig, John Hsu, and contributors.
Released under the Apache 2 License.
http://gazebosim.org

Error [parser.cc:70] Unable to find or open SDF file[]
Error [Server.cc:214] Unable to initialize sdf
Gazebo multi-robot simulator, version 1.3.0
Copyright (C) 2012 Nate Koenig, John Hsu, and contributors.
Released under the Apache 2 License.
http://gazebosim.org

Msg Waiting for master
Error [ConnectionManager.cc:89] Connection Manager is not running
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  TBB failed to destroy TLS storage: Invalid argument
qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:/usr/local/share/gazebo-1.3/worlds$
kindly help me .....

Nate Koenig wrote

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Qubaish Bhatti <qbhatti09@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Sir now  i install Gazebo 1.3 .... lot of problems has been solved .... but
> sill there is error while running the example .... "Gazebo empty.world"
> ERROR: "Unable to initialize SDF files"
> [sever error]
> [parser error]
> kindly help me ..... thnx
>
> Nate Koenig wrote:
> >
> > I would recommend using gazebo 1.3:
> >
> > http://gazebosim.org/downloads.html
> >
> > Install instructions:
> > http://gazebosim.org/wiki/1.3/install
> >
> > -nate
> >

> > On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM, Qubaish Bhatti
> > <qbhatti09@yahoo.com>wrote:
> >

> >> i am using gazebo-1.0.0 ....... !

Re: gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E

I can not help you unless you follow my directions. Your next post must contain the output of the following command:

printenv | grep GAZEBO

Do not post anything else expect the output of that  command.

-nate

Nate Koenig wrote:

> I still need to see the output of:
>
> printenv | grep GAZEBO
>
> -nate
>

> On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Qubaish Bhatti
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> Sir now  i install Gazebo 1.3 .... lot of problems has been solved ....
>> but
>> sill there is error while running the example .... "Gazebo empty.world"
>> ERROR: "Unable to initialize SDF files"
>> [sever error]
>> [parser error]
>> kindly help me ..... thnx
>>
>> Nate Koenig wrote:
>> >
>> > I would recommend using gazebo 1.3:
>> >
>> > http://gazebosim.org/downloads.html
>> >
>> > Install instructions:
>> > http://gazebosim.org/wiki/1.3/install
>> >
>> > -nate

Re: gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E

Qubaish Bhatti
here
qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:~$ printenv
ORBIT_SOCKETDIR=/tmp/orbit-qubaish
SSH_AGENT_PID=1368
TERM=xterm
SHELL=/bin/bash
XDG_SESSION_COOKIE=221cd6a535dc55cec13ddcff00000009-1356455335.756683-368144825
WINDOWID=60817446
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/tmp/keyring-5Egs6X
GTK_MODULES=canberra-gtk-module
USER=qubaish
LS_COLORS=rs=0:di=01;34:ln=01;36:mh=00:pi=40;33:so=01;35:do=01;35:bd=40;33;01:cd=40;33;01:or=40;31;01:su=37;41:sg=30;43:ca=30;41:tw=30;42:ow=34;42:st=37;44:ex=01;32:*.tar=01;31:*.tgz=01;31:*.arj=01;31:*.taz=01;31:*.lzh=01;31:*.lzma=01;31:*.tlz=01;31:*.txz=01;31:*.zip=01;31:*.z=01;31:*.Z=01;31:*.dz=01;31:*.gz=01;31:*.lz=01;31:*.xz=01;31:*.bz2=01;31:*.bz=01;31:*.tbz=01;31:*.tbz2=01;31:*.tz=01;31:*.deb=01;31:*.rpm=01;31:*.jar=01;31:*.rar=01;31:*.ace=01;31:*.zoo=01;31:*.cpio=01;31:*.7z=01;31:*.rz=01;31:*.jpg=01;35:*.jpeg=01;35:*.gif=01;35:*.bmp=01;35:*.pbm=01;35:*.pgm=01;35:*.ppm=01;35:*.tga=01;35:*.xbm=01;35:*.xpm=01;35:*.tif=01;35:*.tiff=01;35:*.png=01;35:*.svg=01;35:*.svgz=01;35:*.mng=01;35:*.pcx=01;35:*.mov=01;35:*.mpg=01;35:*.mpeg=01;35:*.m2v=01;35:*.mkv=01;35:*.ogm=01;35:*.mp4=01;35:*.m4v=01;35:*.mp4v=01;35:*.vob=01;35:*.qt=01;35:*.nuv=01;35:*.wmv=01;35:*.asf=01;35:*.rm=01;35:*.rmvb=01;35:*.flc=01;35:*.avi=01;35:*.fli=01;35:*.flv=01;35:*.gl=01;35:*.dl=01;35:*.xcf=01;35:*.xwd=01;35:*.yuv=01;35:*.cgm=01;35:*.emf=01;35:*.axv=01;35:*.anx=01;35:*.ogv=01;35:*.ogx=01;35:*.aac=00;36:*.au=00;36:*.flac=00;36:*.mid=00;36:*.midi=00;36:*.mka=00;36:*.mp3=00;36:*.mpc=00;36:*.ogg=00;36:*.ra=00;36:*.wav=00;36:*.axa=00;36:*.oga=00;36:*.spx=00;36:*.xspf=00;36:
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/keyring-5Egs6X/ssh
SESSION_MANAGER=local/qubaish-Lenovo-G560:@/tmp/.ICE-unix/1335,unix/qubaish-Lenovo-G560:/tmp/.ICE-unix/1335
USERNAME=qubaish
DEFAULTS_PATH=/usr/share/gconf/gnome.default.path
XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/etc/xdg/xdg-gnome:/etc/xdg
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
DESKTOP_SESSION=gnome
PWD=/home/qubaish
GDM_KEYBOARD_LAYOUT=us
GNOME_KEYRING_PID=1316
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
GDM_LANG=en_US.utf8
MANDATORY_PATH=/usr/share/gconf/gnome.mandatory.path
UBUNTU_MENUPROXY=libappmenu.so
COMPIZ_CONFIG_PROFILE=ubuntu
GDMSESSION=gnome
SHLVL=1
HOME=/home/qubaish
LANGUAGE=en_US:en
GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID=this-is-deprecated
LOGNAME=qubaish
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/share/gnome:/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-Hna5erbw50,guid=706f407378245ca81305cc1800000021
LESSOPEN=| /usr/bin/lesspipe %s
WINDOWPATH=7
DISPLAY=:0
LESSCLOSE=/usr/bin/lesspipe %s %s
COLORTERM=gnome-terminal
XAUTHORITY=/var/run/gdm/auth-for-qubaish-HOtiLC/database
_=/usr/bin/printenv
Nate Koenig wrote
Hello

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Qubaish Bhatti <qbhatti09@yahoo.com>wrote:

> [...]
> qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:/usr/local/share/gazebo-1.3/worlds$

> kindly help me .....
>

> Nate Koenig wrote:
> >
> > I still need to see the output of:
> >
> > printenv | grep GAZEBO
> >
> > -nate
> >

> > On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Qubaish Bhatti
> > <qbhatti09@yahoo.com>wrote:
> >

> >> Sir now  i install Gazebo 1.3 .... lot of problems has been solved ....
> >> but
> >> sill there is error while running the example .... "Gazebo empty.world"
> >> ERROR: "Unable to initialize SDF files"
> >> [sever error]
> >> [parser error]
> >> kindly help me ..... thnx

> Nabble.com.

> Trial

Re: gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E

qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:~$ grep GAZEBO

nothing will b happened ........ but may b process something.
Qubaish Bhatti wrote
> [...]

> qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:/usr/local/share/gazebo-1.3/worlds$

> kindly help me .....
>

> Nate Koenig wrote:
> >
> > I still need to see the output of:
> >
> > printenv | grep GAZEBO
> >
> > -nate
> >

> > On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Qubaish Bhatti
> > <qbhatti09@yahoo.com>wrote:
> >

> >> Sir now  i install Gazebo 1.3 .... lot of problems has been solved ....
> >> but
> >> sill there is error while running the example .... "Gazebo empty.world"
> >> ERROR: "Unable to initialize SDF files"
> >> [sever error]
> >> [parser error]
> >> kindly help me ..... thnx

> Nabble.com.

> Trial

Re: gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E

For future knowledge, the pipe symbol (a vertical line: | ) is a special unix symbol that is used to separate two commands. The output of the first command is passed to the second command. So the command I gave you:

printenv | grep GAZEBO

will send the output of 'printenv' to 'grep'. The final result will consist of only the lines from 'printenv' that contain GAZEBO.

Now for the real answer to your question. Your system has no GAZEBO_ environment variables set. This means you have not run the Gazebo setup.sh script, as described in section 'Pre-compiled Binaries' item 5: http://gazebosim.org/wiki/1.3/install.

Please run the following two commands. Copy each complete line into a terminal and press enter.

   echo "source /usr/share/gazebo-1.3/setup.sh" >> ~/.bashrc
   source ~/.bashrc

These two commands will automatically run the Gazebo setup.sh script every time a terminal is open. At this point close your terminals, and open new ones. You should be all set.

-nate

On 12/25/2012 12:21 PM, Qubaish Bhatti wrote:
> qubaish@qubaish-Lenovo-G560:~$ grep GAZEBO
>
> nothing will b happened ........ but may b process something.
>
> Qubaish Bhatti wrote:

The fact that you aren't seeing anything means you did not source the
setup.sh file as described in step 2 of http://gazebosim.org/wiki/Quickstart

You need to source that file in *every* terminal that you run gzserver,
gzclient, or gazebo in.

Re: gazebo: symbol lookup error: gazebo: undefined symbol: _ZN6gazebo4msgs8GzString14_default_data_E

Qubaish Bhatti
thanks  the problem is solved ........ :)