undefined references

baldassarifr
Hi,

I am trying to build gazebo from SVN. I had previously installed the stable
release with little problem, i am not so lucky this time.

I have been trying for a few day, and hence with a few different revisions
(8753 - 8761). I am running the 64 bit version of Ubuntu 10.04.

Every time, I get the following error message at about 94% during the make
process
  [ 94%] Building CXX object server/CMakeFiles/gazebo-exec.dir/main.o
  Linking CXX executable gazebo
  physics/ode/libgazebo_physics_ode.so: undefined reference to
`dBodySetMovedCallback'
  physics/ode/libgazebo_physics_ode.so: undefined reference to
`dAllocateODEDataForThread'
  physics/ode/libgazebo_physics_ode.so: undefined reference to
`dBodySetLinearDamping'
  physics/ode/libgazebo_physics_ode.so: undefined reference to
`dBodySetAngularDamping'
  physics/ode/libgazebo_physics_ode.so: undefined reference to `dInitODE2'

I tried to checkout the latest version of Ogre, ODE and Bullet from SVN,
then reverted to the latest stable release for each of them. The problem
remained.

Interestingly enough, I cannot replicate the problem on my other ubuntu
machine, which runs the 32bit version of 10.04. Instead, it compiles fine
but gives the following error at runtime:

'Ogre::InvalidParametersException'
  what(): OGRE EXCEPTION(2InvalidParametersException): Could not create gpu
programs from render state in ProgramManager::acquireGpuPrograms at
/home/lab/francois/ogre/Components/RTShaderSystem/src/OgreShaderProgramManager.cpp
(line 102)
  aborted

Any ideas?

Francois

Re: undefined references

On your 64 bit machine, can you try running:

pkg-config --libs --cflags ode

If that doesn't work, can you find the following file: ode.pc

-nate