unable to use wifi communication in player/stage

unable to use wifi communication in player/stage

lijina p
hii,

I am using player/stage for my project where two robots have to communicate each other using wifi. i am using stage 3.2.2 and i have done the following procedures.

1. Downloaded communication.cc, wander_wifi.cc, and wifi_comm.patch from http://sourceforge.net/p/playerstage/patches/498/
2. copied communication.cc to Stage-3.2.2-Source/libstage
3. coppied wander_wifi.cc to Stage-3.2.2-Source/examples/ctrl
4. Applied wifi_comm.patch to source using the command patch -p0 </path/to/wifi_comm.patch
5. mkdir build; cd build; cmake ..; make

all these steps are completed without any problem and to see the demonstration i used stage to run the wifi.world  (worlds/wifi.world). i am getting the following error.

Stage plugin:  6665.simulation.0 is a Stage world

err:Model type wifi not found in model typetable (/home/lj/Stage-3.2.2-Source/libstage/world.cc CreateModel)

err:Unknown model type wifi in world file. (/home/lj/Stage-3.2.2-Source/libstage/world.cc CreateModel)

can anybody help??

Re: unable to use wifi communication in player/stage

Rich Mattes-2
Can you make sure that RegisterModel("wifi"...) is included in
Stg::RegisterModels in libstage/typetable.cc?

Can you verify that there are no conflicting installations of Stage
anywhere which may be masking your changes? e.g. you didn't install to
/usr and /usr/local?

Rich