support Planner interface in Java client?

support Planner interface in Java client?

Jason Chia-Ku Shiao
Hi

I am currently stuck trying to add support to Planner Interface to the
world file "everything.cfg",

currently I am using the Java Client downloaded from playerstage website and
it has a Planner device interface written, but when I actually call it,
the stage simulation complained about planner device not supported, and I
tried to add a "planner:0" at the end of the robot driver (provided device
list) inside everything.cfg, but stage simulation still complains about
device not supported...

there might be an easy solution, but I just dont get it...
thx heaps

cheers
Jason Hsiao

Re: support Planner interface in Java client?

Brian Gerkey

On Sep 20, 2005, at 12:49 AM, Jason Chia-Ku Shiao wrote:

> I am currently stuck trying to add support to Planner Interface to
> the world file "everything.cfg",
>
> currently I am using the Java Client downloaded from playerstage
> website and
> it has a Planner device interface written, but when I actually call
> it, the stage simulation complained about planner device not
> supported, and I tried to add a "planner:0" at the end of the robot
> driver (provided device list) inside everything.cfg, but stage
> simulation still complains about device not supported...

The Stage simulation doesn't provide a planner.  You should use a
Player planner instead.  The only planner currently available is
'wavefront.'   Look at the wavefront.cfg included with the Stage
distribution for an example of how to configure wavefront.  Then try
the utility 'playernav' to interactively command your robot.

     brian.

--
Brian Gerkey
[hidden email]