stage origin model property

clement.raievsky
Hi,

origin model property seems not to be used the same way in collision
detection and model drawing. The simple exemple below shows that when
a position device has an origin diferent from [0 0 0], its collision
doesn't match the one of rectangles in the gui.

A short demo means more than long explanations : just try to make the
green block collid with the blue by launching playerv.

I tried to find where the origin is used in rectangles drawing and
collision detection but it's beyond my stage-skills...

I'm using stage 2.0.0a and player 1.6.5.

Clément.

try.cfg (372 bytes) Download Attachment
try.world (1K) Download Attachment

Re: stage origin model property

Richard vaughan
Thanks for the report. I'll look into it once the smoke has cleared from the ICRA deadline.

I'd really appreciate it if you would file this as a bug report on the bug tracker. The "official" bug reports are easier for me to keep track of and fix.

cheers,
Richard/

On 21-Sep-05, at 1:30 PM, Clément Raievsky wrote:

Hi,

origin model property seems not to be used the same way in collision
detection and model drawing. The simple exemple below shows that when
a position device has an origin diferent from [0 0 0], its collision
doesn't match the one of rectangles in the gui.

A short demo means more than long explanations : just try to make the
green block collid with the blue by launching playerv.

I tried to find where the origin is used in rectangles drawing and
collision detection but it's beyond my stage-skills...

I'm using stage 2.0.0a and player 1.6.5.

Clément.

<try.cfg>
<try.world>

--
Richard Vaughan
School of Computing Science / Simon Fraser University