running wxgazebo

andy-32
Hi,

I've got some problems running wxgazebo on the laptop of a collegue. It runs SuSE 10. I'm running it succesfully on 2 SuSE 9.2-machines. I'm not yet a linux-expert (I'm still trying to become one ;-)).

The errormessage when running wxgazebo on SuSE 10 is:
wxPython (http://www.wxpython.org) not found; please install it
or else fix your PYTHONPATH

I followed the install-instruction on the site of wxpython.
Is there anybody else having the same problems? or does anyone know how a solution or a better way to trouble-shoot this situation?

greetz,
Andy

Re: running wxgazebo

What version of wxPython have you installed?

What does your PYTHONPATH environment variable look like?

When you run ./configure in gazebo, does the output say:
    Gazebo will build Python bindings
    Gazebo will build wxgazebo (GUI)

> I've got some problems running wxgazebo on the laptop of a collegue. It runs SuSE 10. I'm running it succesfully on 2 SuSE 9.2-machines. I'm not yet a linux-expert (I'm still trying to become one ;-)).
>
> The errormessage when running wxgazebo on SuSE 10 is:
> wxPython (http://www.wxpython.org) not found; please install it
> or else fix your PYTHONPATH
>
> I followed the install-instruction on the site of wxpython.
> Is there anybody else having the same problems? or does anyone know how a solution or a better way to trouble-shoot this situation?
>
> greetz,
> Andy

Re: running wxgazebo

andy-32
Hi,

I installed the latest wxPython (2.6.1.0) and Python 2.4
The PYTHONPATH looked like /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
And the output of ./configure was like you said

Anyway, since he had a new install and nothing important was installed yet
on his system, I just reinstalled it so he has the same version as all
other linuxes... and now it works fine.

thanks anyway

Andy