"playerc_client_read()" not returning right positions

"playerc_client_read()" not returning right positions

Kefei Zeng

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to put together a simple program for Player and Stage. Attached are the relevant files, include the C file itself that should perform its task (display the robot's x-position). The problem is that after I run the .cfg file and the position_tracker executable (there were no problems linking or compiling the C file), the printf() statement only prints out 0 as the x-position even if I drag the robot around with my mouse. Is something wrong with my C code such as playerc_client_read not being used properly? Thanks in advance.

position_tracker.cfg (404 bytes) Download Attachment
position_tracker.world (1K) Download Attachment
position_tracker.c (1K) Download Attachment

Re: "playerc_client_read()" not returning right positions

Rich Mattes-2
On 11/10/2014 01:30 PM, Kefei Zeng wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>

> I'm trying to put together a simple program for Player and Stage.
> Attached are the relevant files, include the C file itself that should
> perform its task (display the robot's x-position). The problem is that
> after I run the .cfg file and the position_tracker executable (there
> were no problems linking or compiling the C file), the printf()
> statement only prints out 0 as the x-position even if I drag the robot
> around with my mouse. Is something wrong with my C code such as
> playerc_client_read not being used properly? Thanks in advance.

Make sure that your robot's position model's localization type is set to
"gps"[1].  The default is "odom", which only updates when the robot has
a velocity.

Rich

[1] http://rtv.github.io/Stage/group__model__position.html