problem when compiling gazebo

zhangqun
Hi all,

i encountered a new problems when I tried to compile gazebo from svn source
at revision 8483. And there are not any things concerning about this problem
on Internet.

 the following is the cmake and make process:

cmake ..
-- Gazebo version 0.9.0
--

====== Finding 3rd Party Packages ======
-- Operating system is Linux
-- checking for module 'freeimage>=3.9.0'
--   package 'freeimage>=3.9.0' not found
--   freeimage.pc not found, trying freeimage_include_dir and
freeimage_library_dir flags.
--   Looking for FreeImage.h - found
--   Looking for libfreeimage - found
-- checking for module 'websim'
--   package 'websim' not found
-- Warning: Websim not found. Webgazebo will not be built
-- Boost Include Path: /usr/include
-- Boost Library Path: /usr/lib
-- Boost Libraries:
;/usr/lib/libboost_thread-mt.so;/usr/lib/libboost_signals-mt.so
-- Threadpool Include Path:
-- Looking for avformat.h - found
-- Looking for avcodec.h - found
-- Looking for event.h - found
-- Looking for ltdl.h - found
-- Looking for libltdl - found
-- Looking for dlfcn.h - found
-- Looking for libdl - found
-- Looking for btBulletDynamicsCommon.h - found
-- Looking for bullet libraries - found
-- ----------------------------------------

-- Cmake C Flags:
-- Build Type: RELEASE
-- Install path: /usr/local
-- Configuration successful. Type make to compile gazebo
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/zhangqun/gazebo/build

make
[ 72%] Building CXX object
server/CMakeFiles/gazebo_server.dir/controllers/position2d/steering/FullWheel.o
[ 73%] Building CXX object
server/CMakeFiles/gazebo_server.dir/controllers/ptz/generic/Generic_PTZ.o
[ 73%] Building CXX object
server/CMakeFiles/gazebo_server.dir/controllers/audio/Audio.o
/home/zhangqun/gazebo/server/controllers/audio/Audio.cc: In member function
‘void gazebo::AudioController::PutAudioData()’:
/home/zhangqun/gazebo/server/controllers/audio/Audio.cc:160: error: cannot
convert ‘gazebo::Time’ to ‘double’ in assignment
make[2]: *** [server/CMakeFiles/gazebo_server.dir/controllers/audio/Audio.o]
Error 1
make[1]: *** [server/CMakeFiles/gazebo_server.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

the configuration for my case is:
Ubuntu 9.10
player 3.0
gazebo svn
ode 0.11.1
ogre 1.6.3

does anyone have some ideas? you help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Qun

Re: problem when compiling gazebo

The latest SVN version of gazebo has this fixed. Thanks for the message.

-nate

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 10:29 PM, zhangqun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> [ 73%] Building CXX object
> server/CMakeFiles/gazebo_server.dir/controllers/audio/Audio.o
> /home/zhangqun/gazebo/server/controllers/audio/Audio.cc: In member function
> ‘void gazebo::AudioController::PutAudioData()’:
> /home/zhangqun/gazebo/server/controllers/audio/Audio.cc:160: error: cannot
> convert ‘gazebo::Time’ to ‘double’ in assignment
> make[2]: *** [server/CMakeFiles/gazebo_server.dir/controllers/audio/Audio.o]
> Error 1
> make[1]: *** [server/CMakeFiles/gazebo_server.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> the configuration for my case is:
> Ubuntu 9.10
> player 3.0
> gazebo svn
> ode 0.11.1
> ogre 1.6.3
>
> does anyone have some ideas? you help would be highly appreciated.

Tom-391

Hi,

I'm still getting this same error zhangqun reported. I'm
using revision 9042. I've installed freeimage with macports,
which puts includes and libraries in /opt/local/, but i've
edited FindFreeimage.cmake to change the following lines:

SET (freeimage_include_dir "/opt/local/include/" CACHE STRING \
"FreeImage include paths")
SET (freeimage_library_dir "/opt/local/lib" CACHE STRING \
 "FreeImage library paths")

I've also put /opt/local/include and lib/ in my CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH
variable.

/Users/Shared/tTestrepo/bioAI/project/gazebo
$ svn up
At revision 9042.
/Users/Shared/tTestrepo/bioAI/project/gazebo
$ cd build
/Users/Shared/tTestrepo/bioAI/project/gazebo/build
$ cmake ..
-- Gazebo version 0.10.0
--

====== Finding 3rd Party Packages ======
-- Operating system is Apple MacOS X
-- checking for module 'freeimage>=3.9.0'
--   package 'freeimage>=3.9.0' not found
--   freeimage.pc not found, trying freeimage_include_dir and
freeimage_library_dir flags.
CMake Error at cmake/FindFreeimage.cmake:30 (MESSAGE):
    Invalid FreeImage Version. Requires 3.9.0
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/SearchForStuff.cmake:31 (include)
  CMakeLists.txt:84 (INCLUDE)

/Users/Shared/tTestrepo/bioAI/project/gazebo/build
$ port installed freeimage
  freeimage @3.14.1_0 (active)

Can anyone advise?

Tom

PS I would include the original messages, but
post.gmane.org won't let me...

Tom <zerg_wannabe@...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still getting this same error zhangqun reported. I'm
> using revision 9042. I've installed freeimage with macports,
> which puts includes and libraries in /opt/local/, but i've
> edited FindFreeimage.cmake to change the following lines:
>
> SET (freeimage_include_dir "/opt/local/include/" CACHE STRING \
> "FreeImage include paths")
> SET (freeimage_library_dir "/opt/local/lib" CACHE STRING \
>  "FreeImage library paths")

A workaround for me was to create a link to FreeImage.h right in my
build directory.

~T

Re: problem when compiling gazebo

It looks like gazebo is using pkg-config to resolve the freeimage
dependency.  Do you have freeimage.pc installed somewhere?  My guess is it'd
be in /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig or /opt/local/share/pkgconfig based on the
paths you've used above.  Assuming this is the case, you will have to append
the path where freeimage.pc lives to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
variable before running CMake.

Rich Mattes <jpgr87@...> writes:

> It looks like gazebo is using pkg-config to resolve the freeimage
> dependency.  Do you have freeimage.pc installed somewhere?  My guess is it'd
> be in /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig or /opt/local/share/pkgconfig based on the
> paths you've used above.  Assuming this is the case, you will have to append
> the path where freeimage.pc lives to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
> variable before running CMake.
>
> Rich

Thanks for the response.

No, I don't seem to have freeimage.pc on my system. I installed
freeimage with macports, and this is what I got.

$ sudo port contents freeimage
Port freeimage contains:
  /opt/local/include/FreeImage.h
  /opt/local/lib/libfreeimage.3.14.1.dylib
  /opt/local/lib/libfreeimage.3.dylib
  /opt/local/lib/libfreeimage.a
  /opt/local/lib/libfreeimage.dylib
  /opt/local/share/doc/freeimage/Whatsnew.txt
  /opt/local/share/doc/freeimage/examples/
*** a bunch of examples ***
  /opt/local/share/doc/freeimage/license-fi.txt
  /opt/local/share/doc/freeimage/license-gpl.txt

Re: problem when compiling gazebo

John Hsu-2
looks like a small test code failed to return the expected value,

build/CMakeTmp/test_freeimage.cc

should return 1 but returned 0 in your case.  This most likely means your
freeimage library version is less than 3.9.0.  In which case, you can relax
the requirement, but there's no guarantee things will work properly.

John

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Tom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rich Mattes <jpgr87@...> writes:
>

> > It looks like gazebo is using pkg-config to resolve the freeimage
> > dependency.  Do you have freeimage.pc installed somewhere?  My guess is
> it'd
> > be in /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig or /opt/local/share/pkgconfig based on the
> > paths you've used above.  Assuming this is the case, you will have to
> append
> > the path where freeimage.pc lives to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
> > variable before running CMake.
> >
> > Rich
> >

> Thanks for the response.
>
> No, I don't seem to have freeimage.pc on my system. I installed
> freeimage with macports, and this is what I got.
>
> $ sudo port contents freeimage
> Port freeimage contains:
>  /opt/local/include/FreeImage.h
>  /opt/local/lib/libfreeimage.3.14.1.dylib
>  /opt/local/lib/libfreeimage.3.dylib
>  /opt/local/lib/libfreeimage.a
>  /opt/local/lib/libfreeimage.dylib
>  /opt/local/share/doc/freeimage/Whatsnew.txt
>  /opt/local/share/doc/freeimage/examples/
> *** a bunch of examples ***
>  /opt/local/share/doc/freeimage/license-fi.txt
>  /opt/local/share/doc/freeimage/license-gpl.txt

Player IMU interface patch not entirely applied yet

Peter Nordin-2
Hello

I noticed that my Plyer Imu interface patch had been applied to the
gazebo trunk (r9042) (at sourceforge).
The patch diff itself did not include the actual Interface files, they
were separate and were not added to svn.

The files are still available in the patch tracker and should be added
to svn.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3195458&group_id=42445&atid=433166

Thank you
/Peter