position2dProxy in gazebo

rbpRenato
This post was updated on .
Hello,

I'm trying to make a simulation of car like robot in gazebo. The model and world file are made and the simulation its ok.
When i try to read position of my robot on "playerjoy -v" it return all paratetres zero.

It is my controler: (from world file)

    <controller:steering_position2d name="controler1">
    <wheel>
       <joint>rear_left_wheel_hinge</joint>
       <type>drive</type>
       <torque>1</torque>
    </wheel>
    <wheel>
         <joint>rear_right_wheel_hinge</joint>
       <type>drive</type>
       <torque>1</torque>
    </wheel>
    <wheel>
        <joint>front_right_wheel_hinge</joint>
       <type>steer</type>
       <torque>1</torque>
       <steerTorque>1</steerTorque>
    </wheel>
    <wheel>
         <joint>front_left_wheel_hinge</joint>
       <type>steer</type>
       <torque>1</torque>
       <steerTorque>1</steerTorque>
    </wheel>

    <steerPD>10.0 0.0</steerPD>

    <leftOdomJoint>front_left_wheel_caster_hinge</leftOdomJoint>
    <rightOdomJoint>front_right_wheel_caster_hinge</rightOdomJoint>
    <odomWheelSeparation>0.3</odomWheelSeparation>
    <odomWheelDiameter>0.15</odomWheelDiameter>
    <leftSteeringOdomJoint>front_left_wheel_caster_hinge</leftSteeringOdomJoint>
    <rightSteeringOdomJoint>front_right_wheel_caster_hinge</rightSteeringOdomJoint>

    <interface:position name="position_iface_0"/>
    <interface:actarray name="wheels_actarray_iface"/>

Any idea?

Thanks for replayingLINCE_PG.zip

Re: position2dProxy in gazebo

This may be a dumb question, but are you moving the robot?

-nate

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 8:30 AM, rbpRenato <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to make a simulation of car like robot in gazebo. The model and
> world file are made and the simulation its ok.
> When i try to read position of my robot on "playerjoy -v" it return all
> paratetres zero.
>
> It is my controler: (from world file)
>
>    <controller:steering_position2d name="controler1">
>    <wheel>
>       <joint>rear_left_wheel_hinge</joint>
>       <type>drive</type>
>       <torque>1</torque>
>    </wheel>
>    <wheel>
>         <joint>rear_right_wheel_hinge</joint>
>       <type>drive</type>
>       <torque>1</torque>
>    </wheel>
>    <wheel>
>        <joint>front_right_wheel_hinge</joint>
>       <type>steer</type>
>       <torque>1</torque>
>       <steerTorque>1</steerTorque>
>    </wheel>
>    <wheel>
>         <joint>front_left_wheel_hinge</joint>
>       <type>steer</type>
>       <torque>1</torque>
>       <steerTorque>1</steerTorque>
>    </wheel>
>
>    <steerPD>10.0 0.0</steerPD>
>
>    <leftOdomJoint>front_left_wheel_caster_hinge</leftOdomJoint>
>    <rightOdomJoint>front_right_wheel_caster_hinge</rightOdomJoint>
>    <odomWheelSeparation>0.3</odomWheelSeparation>
>    <odomWheelDiameter>0.15</odomWheelDiameter>
>
> <leftSteeringOdomJoint>front_left_wheel_caster_hinge</leftSteeringOdomJoint>
>
> <rightSteeringOdomJoint>front_right_wheel_caster_hinge</rightSteeringOdomJoint>
>
>    <interface:position name="position_iface_0"/>
>    <interface:actarray name="wheels_actarray_iface"/>
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks for replaying http://www.nabble.com/file/p23726082/LINCE_PG.zip
> LINCE_PG.zip

Re: position2dProxy in gazebo

rbpRenato
yes, i can, the problem is maybe the steercontroller have not implemented odometry, anyone knows it is correct?

Re: position2dProxy in gazebo

Guilherme-24
I have the same problem in my simulation! Anybody knows if the odometry has
already been implemented in the steering_position2D controller? I get my model
moving but it always reads speed as 0. Implementing odometry causes changing
even the XML code right ?