Quantcast

please question about yaw speed

light86
hi every one
Please i'm new in player stage
when i put setspeed(1,45) i've noticed when i printf (GetYaw) it is not 45
can you explain what is the meaning of yaw speed
Thank you

Re: please question about yaw speed

Rich Mattes-2
On 05/10/2013 01:14 PM, light86 wrote:
> hi every one
> Please i'm new in player stage
> when i put setspeed(1,45) i've noticed when i printf (GetYaw) it is not 45
> can you explain what is the meaning of yaw speed
> Thank you

Yaw is the angle the robot is facing, in radians.  Yaw speed is the rate
at which the robot spins, in radians per second.  If you set a yaw speed
of 2*pi radians/second, it will spin in a complete circle.  See the
coordinate systems wiki page[1] and the PlayerC++ documentation[2] for
more details.

Rich

[1] http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/wiki/Coordinate_systems
[2]http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/doc/Player-svn/player/classPlayerCc_1_1Position2dProxy.html#a00d299f64e7fa2b3e83aa8034ce80ad6

Re: please question about yaw speed

light86
dear thank you for answer
please i've seen this documentation thank you
please i've a question i want that my robot change his yaw in 45 degres and the orignale yaw is 90
How I can use the yawspeed
Thank you

Re: please question about yaw speed

Fred Labrosse
On Saturday 11 May 2013 01:06:49 light86 wrote:
> dear thank you for answer
> please i've seen this documentation thank you
> please i've a question i want that my robot change his yaw in 45 degres and
> the orignale yaw is 90
> How I can use the yawspeed
> Thank you

You need to set a rotation speed so that the robot turns and monitor the
current yaw until it reaches the correct value.  Then you stop.  This is only
a very crude solution that will make you overshoot.  A better solution would
be to implement a P (proportional) or better a PI (Proportional Integral)
controller.  This is a very basic thing in robotics and any(?) book on
robotics will cover that.  Wikipedia seems not too bad either.

Hope this helps.

Fred

> archive at Nabble.com.

Re: please question about yaw speed

light86
dear thank you
I'm student in computer science not in a robotique
but i've a projet with player stage
i've use the fonction with while (true) until fabs(y-0.000002)<0.000002) (i want yaw==0)

}
thank you for your help