playerv- localization data

Roozbeh Mottaghi
Hi,

I have two questions about playerv:

1- I use amcl driver for Stage and it works fine. Now
I'm trying to test it for real robots and visualize
the data of localization by playerv. The problem that
I have is that the position of the main hypothesis is
not in the correct place in playerv. For example, I
set init_pose to [15.0 15.0 0.0] but the shown
localization data is not on x=15.0 and y=15.0. I get
the data from LocalizeProxy but they are correct
(which are close approximation to 15.0). Would you
tell me what the problem is?

2- How can I change the position of the robot in
playerv? For example, I want to move my robot to
another place in the map which is shown by playerv.

Regards,
Roozbeh Mottaghi

playerv- map scale

Roozbeh Mottaghi
Hi again,

Following my previous email, I also have a problem
with map scale in playerV. I think the previously
mentioned problem also is caused because of this.
For instance, a 6-meter distance which is measured by
laser is equal to 8 meter on the map which is shown by
playerv (I have set the resolution correctly) that
means the shown map is smaller than expected.

--Roozbeh

--- Roozbeh Mottaghi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two questions about playerv:
>
> 1- I use amcl driver for Stage and it works fine.
> Now
> I'm trying to test it for real robots and visualize
> the data of localization by playerv. The problem
> that
> I have is that the position of the main hypothesis
> is
> not in the correct place in playerv. For example, I
> set init_pose to [15.0 15.0 0.0] but the shown
> localization data is not on x=15.0 and y=15.0. I get
> the data from LocalizeProxy but they are correct
> (which are close approximation to 15.0). Would you
> tell me what the problem is?
>
> 2- How can I change the position of the robot in
> playerv? For example, I want to move my robot to
> another place in the map which is shown by playerv.
>
> Regards,
> Roozbeh Mottaghi
>

> __________________________________
> http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: playerv- map scale

Brian Gerkey

On Oct 5, 2005, at 3:32 PM, Roozbeh Mottaghi wrote:

> Following my previous email, I also have a problem
> with map scale in playerV. I think the previously
> mentioned problem also is caused because of this.
> For instance, a 6-meter distance which is measured by
> laser is equal to 8 meter on the map which is shown by
> playerv (I have set the resolution correctly) that
> means the shown map is smaller than expected.

Thanks for the info (and the bug report).  Until somebody can look
into that bug, I would suggest using playernav to visualize the map
and localization data.  It's better suited that playerv for this kind
of thing.  For example, you can set the robot's pose and see (a
subset of) the particles used by the localization algorithm.

     brian.

Re: playerv- map scale

Roozbeh Mottaghi

Thank you for your email.
I checked that with playernav. I think the same thing
happens in playernav. However, I am not sure if the
large deviation is because of the localization error
or it is caused by the map scale.

--Roozbeh