Quantcast

playerc error: timed out waiting for server reply

playerc error: timed out waiting for server reply

nomiSch

Hello ppl !

I am developping an application using Player/Stage and SLAM algorithms.

For the moment I am still only doing simulations.

After I run the program for some time (from 2 to 5 minutes) an error constantly occurs:

Player error: timed out waiting for server reply to request player:0:request:4 terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘PlayerCc::PlayerError’

Aborted

As I understand it, the computer is too slow, Player freezes for some time due to the lcak of cpu resources and therefore my controller cannot receive the information for a while and everything crashes.

Of course my controller is quite complicated and consumes a lot of resources as it has to execute the SLAM algorithm often.

 Anyone experienced that ? Any hint or solution, except changing computer … ?

Thanks !

________________________________
Simon Ruffieux Consultant Département TIC Ingénieur diplômé EPF
 Ecole d’ingénieurs et d’architectes Pérolles 80 CP 32 CH-1705 Fribourg (Suisse)
 Tél. +41 (0)26 429 66 69 Bureau F.10.06 www.EIA-FR.ch

Re: playerc error: timed out waiting for server reply

Hai Chau
Hi There,
I am Hai, I also got the same problem.
I am using Laptop with CPU: T5470 + Ram 2G.
Please advise me what configuration for PC to fix this problem.

Hi nomiSch,
I starting to understand SLAM, pls help to share how the SLAM in player/stage doing.
Do you have some code for me to refer?
I am very appreciated with your help on this.
My email: chauquanghaispkt@gmail.com
Thanks and best regards,
Hai Chau.

Re: playerc error: timed out waiting for server reply

Rich Mattes-2
On 02/16/2014 03:26 AM, Hai Chau wrote:
> Hi There,
> I am Hai, I also got the same problem.
> I am using Laptop with CPU: T5470 + Ram 2G.
> Please advise me what configuration for PC to fix this problem.

You can use the playerc_client_set_request_timeout function[1] to extend
how long the client library will wait for a reply from the Player server.

Rich

[1]
http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/doc/Player-svn/player/group__playerc__client.html