Quantcast

playerc error: connect call on [localhost:6665] failed with error [111:Connection refused]

playerc error: connect call on [localhost:6665] failed with error [111:Connection refused]

cruq
I am total newbie in player/stage, eclipse and Ubuntu. I downloaded and installed player-2.1.1 and Stage-3.0.0. Installed eclipse 3.2.2 with c++. Tested the player and stage on terminal and works fine. To try the example playerswarm given in the stage installation, I create a standard make c project under eclipse for the playerswarm example. When I build the project, building perfectly without problem but when I run it i got the following messages

playerc error   : connect call on [localhost:6665] failed with error [111:Connection refused]
PlayerClient::Connect()(-1) : connect call on [localhost:6665] failed with error [111:Connection refused]

I am not sure where's the problem but I suspect it have something to do with the player. Googled but couldn't find anything. I must have miss something important. Anyone using eclipse with player/stage? Really appreciate any help given.

Re: playerc error: connect call on [localhost:6665] failed with error [111:Connection refused]

rastaxe
Hi, first of all, sorry for my english.
It seems that you start the client before the server. I have edited the Run
Configuration of Eclipse in order that it runs player with the correct .cfg
file. When the server starts, I open a new shell and I launch the client.
In this way I can debug server side. If you want run/debug client side maybe
you have to start the player server in a shell and then run the client in Eclipse.
Bye,
  Rastaxe

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 10:22 PM, cruq <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

codelock
I get the following error:

playerc error: connect call on [172.17.3.41:6665] failed with error [101: Network is unreachable]

Re: playerc error: connect call on [localhost:6665] failed with error [111:Connection refused]

Rich Mattes-2
On 06/13/2013 04:53 AM, codelock wrote:
> I get the following error:
>
> playerc error: connect call on [172.17.3.41:6665] failed with error [101:
> Network is unreachable]

Player can't reach 172.17.3.41.  Is that your PC's IP address?  Can you
ping it?