laser interface

Jonathan Paxman
It strikes me as a little odd that the player laser interface has no
apparent way of storing the maximum range (or, indeed the minimum
range) of the device.

This seems to me to be a sensible thing to have in the interface, as
the interpretation of laser data can be heavily dependent on the range
of the scan.  And you would rather not need to refer to parameters
which are not conveyed by the interface!

I wonder if there are any plans to include such a parameter in 2.0?
Or is there a deliberate rationale for not having such a parameter?

--
======================================
Dr Jonathan Paxman

Re: laser interface

Brian Gerkey

On Oct 9, 2005, at 5:33 AM, Jonathan Paxman wrote:

> It strikes me as a little odd that the player laser interface has no
> apparent way of storing the maximum range (or, indeed the minimum
> range) of the device.
>
> I wonder if there are any plans to include such a parameter in 2.0?
> Or is there a deliberate rationale for not having such a parameter?

It's something I've been meaning to add for a while.  I'm doing it
right now, and it will appear in 2.0.

     brian.