interval_sim in stage, interval in player

interval_sim in stage, interval in player

Dr. Kevin Nickels
Hi,
 I'm working to mimic a quite fast behaviour, and would like to simulate at an interval of 10ms instead of the default 100ms.

I set interval_sim to 10 in the world file.
I actually logged/printed the times in Stage::World::Update() so I know this is working.

But if I call two Read() in succession on my playerclient I get a 100ms difference as shown by DataTime() (I'm looking at Position2D proxy).

Any idea how to set the update interval for player?

Thanks!
--kn

--
Kevin Nickels <[hidden email]>
http://www.trinity.edu/knickels 210-999-7543

Re: interval_sim in stage, interval in player

Rich Mattes-2
On 05/06/2015 01:38 PM, Dr. Kevin Nickels wrote:

> Hi,
>   I'm working to mimic a quite fast behaviour, and would like to
> simulate at an interval of 10ms instead of the default 100ms.
>
> I set interval_sim to 10 in the world file.
> I actually logged/printed the times in Stage::World::Update() so I know
> this is working.
>
> But if I call two Read() in succession on my playerclient I get a 100ms
> difference as shown by DataTime() (I'm looking at Position2D proxy).
>
> Any idea how to set the update interval for player?
>
> Thanks!
> --kn

interval_sim only controls the timestep of the overall stage
simulation[1].  It does not control how frequently individual models
update within the simulation.  For that, you should look at the model
"update_interval" property[2].

Rich

[1] http://rtv.github.io/Stage/group__world.html
[2] http://rtv.github.io/Stage/group__model.html