gripper problems on stage

Amanda Whitbrook
Hi,
I have some problems using the gripper with Stage:

1) Using GripperProxy and SonarProxy together causes a
segmentation fault. Do they conflict in some way? If I
remove the SonarProxy object from my code it works OK.

2) The robot is able to "squash" the puck entirely
when it grasps it, i.e. the paddles come together
completely so that the puck is not visible. However,
the puck can be dropped later. (I have consume set to
false)

3) The gripper is able to pass through objects. (It is
set right at the front of the robot so that it is
sticking out as that is the set up on my real robot)

4) As I'm using Stage I'm not sure if the gripper is
lifting. When I test by printing out gp.lift_up it
gives 0, despite having used the gp.SetGrip(LIFTup, 0)
command.

"Milo"

Re: gripper problems on stage

Richard vaughan

On 5-Oct-05, at 6:24 AM, Amanda Whitbrook wrote:

Hi,
I have some problems using the gripper with Stage:

1) Using GripperProxy and SonarProxy together causes a
segmentation fault. Do they conflict in some way? If I
remove the SonarProxy object from my code it works OK.

Yuk, that's probably a bug. I haven't seen that before, so it's probably configuration-dependent. If you post your world & cfg files and Player and Stage version numbers on the bug tracker, someone might be able to find and fix it.

2) The robot is able to "squash" the puck entirely
when it grasps it, i.e. the paddles come together
completely so that the puck is not visible. However,
the puck can be dropped later. (I have consume set to
false)

3) The gripper is able to pass through objects. (It is
set right at the front of the robot so that it is
sticking out as that is the set up on my real robot)

Yes, the gripper simulation is very basic and works as you describe.

4) As I'm using Stage I'm not sure if the gripper is
lifting. When I test by printing out gp.lift_up it
gives 0, despite having used the gp.SetGrip(LIFTup, 0)
command.

That's also a bug,but probably a trivial one. Please file a report and it'll get fixed.

cheers,
Richard/

"Milo"

Richard Vaughan

School of Computing Science / Simon Fraser University