gazebo with radeon 7500

Alberto Amengual
Hi,

I recently got gazebo and player working on redhat.

I have an ATI Radeon 7500 card on a Thinkpad R51, and I am wondering if
there is anything I could do to make gazebo work a little faster. I know
that buying an nvidia card would work...

So I have direct rendering and when I run glxgears I get approx. 650fps.
 From what I have read in the lists, the driver to use is fglrx, but it
only supports 8500 and up cards, so I am using "radeon" instead.

 From the different rendering methods for the cameras, the only one that
works for me is GLX, the rest generate an GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest
error. I understand that this method is not using direct rendering, though.

Anybody have any ideas so that I can get gazebo use direct rendering
with the radeon 7500??

Many thanks,

Alberto

Re: gazebo with radeon 7500

Repiphany
Hello Alberto,

What distro are you using?  You may want to try the fglrx driver
anyway, then just disable it if it doesn't work.  However, this may
not perform well, and your card is probably better supported by the
DRI.

-Ryan