gazebo compilation

Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina-2
Hello,
I am trying to compile gazebo svn rev.8970, and I am having some problems. I
installed all the dependencies
- ODE 0.11.1 (from debian repository)
- OGRE 1.7.2 (from source code)
- BULLET svn rev.2243
I am on debian squeeze/sid kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64. I compile the BULLET with
double precision, but the cmake gives me the following

-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Gazebo version 0.10.0
--

====== Finding 3rd Party Packages ======
-- Operating system is Linux
-- Found wxWidgets: TRUE
-- checking for module 'freeimage>=3.9.0'
--   package 'freeimage>=3.9.0' not found
--   freeimage.pc not found, trying freeimage_include_dir and
freeimage_library_dir flags.
--   Looking for FreeImage.h - found
--   Looking for libfreeimage - found
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so
-- Looking for XOpenDisplay in /usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so -
found
-- Looking for gethostbyname
-- Looking for gethostbyname - found
-- Looking for connect
-- Looking for connect - found
-- Looking for remove
-- Looking for remove - found
-- Looking for shmat
-- Looking for shmat - found
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE
-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
-- checking for module 'tbb'
--   found tbb, version 3.0+r018
-- checking for module 'ode>=0.10.1'
--   found ode, version 0.11.1
-- checking for module 'OGRE-RTShaderSystem>=1.6.3'
--   found OGRE-RTShaderSystem, version 1.7.2
-- checking for module 'gtk+-2.0'
--   found gtk+-2.0, version 2.20.1
-- checking for module 'libxml-2.0'
--   found libxml-2.0, version 2.7.8
-- checking for module 'xpm'
--   found xpm, version 3.5.8
-- checking for module 'openal'
--   found openal, version 1.12.854
-- checking for module 'libavformat'
--   found libavformat, version 52.87.1
-- checking for module 'libavcodec'
--   found libavcodec, version 52.97.2
-- checking for module 'playercore>=3.0'
--   found playercore, version 3.0.2
-- checking for module 'websim'
--   package 'websim' not found
--     Websim not found. Webgazebo will not be built
-- Boost version: 1.42.0
-- Boost version: 1.42.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   thread
--   signals
--   regex
-- Looking for avformat.h - found
-- Looking for avcodec.h - found
-- Looking for event.h - not found
--     event.h not found. webgazebo will not be built
-- Looking for ltdl.h - found
-- Looking for libltdl - found
-- Looking for yaml.h - found
-- Looking for libyaml - found
-- Looking for dlfcn.h - found
-- Looking for libdl - found
-- Looking for assimp/assimp.hpp - not found.
--     Missing: Assimp(http://assimp.sourceforge.net)
-- Looking for btBulletDynamicsCommon.h - found
-- Looking for libBulletDynamics - found
-- Looking for libBulletCollision - found
-- Looking for libLinearMath - found
-- Looking for libBulletSoftBody - found
-- Performing Test BULLET_DOUBLE_PRECISION
-- Performing Test BULLET_DOUBLE_PRECISION - Failed
--     Dependency: bullet was not compiled to use double precision.
-- ----------------------------------------

-- BUILD WARNINGS
--     Websim not found. Webgazebo will not be built
--     event.h not found. webgazebo will not be built
-- END BUILD WARNINGS

-- BUILD ERRORS: These must be resolved before compiling.
--     Missing: Assimp(http://assimp.sourceforge.net)
--     Dependency: bullet was not compiled to use double precision.
-- END BUILD ERRORS

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to:
/home/gfpp/software/psg/gazebo_r8970/build

Checking if the bullet library was compiled with double precision, I get

nm --dynamic --demangle /usr/local/lib/libBulletCollision.so | grep
"btStaticPlaneShape("
00000000000a6cc0 T btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3 const&,
double)
00000000000a6d80 T btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3 const&,
double)
00000000000a6ca0 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()
00000000000a6c60 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()
00000000000a6c80 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()

but cmake says that not. Can some help me with this? What could be wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Gonzalo

--
Gonzalo F. Perez Paina
Centro de Investigación en Informática para la Ingeniería, CIII.

Re: gazebo compilation

John Hsu-2
Hi,

You might be able to see more detail in your build directory:
build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log and see what the exact compile error was.

As a data point, we have been compiling against our own patched tarball of
2.76 <http://pr.willowgarage.com/downloads/bullet-2.76-patched2.tar.gz>successfully.

John

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> "btStaticPlaneShape("
> 00000000000a6cc0 T btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3 const&,
> double)
> 00000000000a6d80 T btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3 const&,
> double)
> 00000000000a6ca0 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()
> 00000000000a6c60 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()
> 00000000000a6c80 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()
>
> but cmake says that not. Can some help me with this? What could be wrong?
> Thanks in advance.
> Gonzalo
>
> --
> Gonzalo F. Perez Paina
> Centro de Investigación en Informática para la Ingeniería, CIII.
> Universidad Tecnológica Nacional. Facultad Regional Córdoba.
> Maestro M. López esq. Cruz Roja Argentina. CP X5016ZAA

Hi John,
sorry, I forgot to tell you that I could not compile gazebo because the
cmake does not generate the Makefile. cmake does not detect that bullet was
compiled with double precision.
I don't know it is an error in the bullet compilation or a bug in
CMakeLists.txt of gazebo.
I will try the bullet patch.
Thanks you very much

2010/12/20 John Hsu <[hidden email]>

> [...]
> > double)
> > 00000000000a6ca0 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()
> > 00000000000a6c60 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()
> > 00000000000a6c80 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()
> >
> > but cmake says that not. Can some help me with this? What could be wrong?
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Gonzalo
> >
> > --
> > Gonzalo F. Perez Paina
> > Centro de Investigación en Informática para la Ingeniería, CIII.
> > Universidad Tecnológica Nacional. Facultad Regional Córdoba.
> > Maestro M. López esq. Cruz Roja Argentina. CP X5016ZAA
> > [hidden email]

Gonzalo F. Perez Paina
Centro de Investigación en Informática para la Ingeniería, CIII.
Universidad Tecnológica Nacional. Facultad Regional Córdoba.
Maestro M. López esq. Cruz Roja Argentina. CP X5016ZAA

Rich Mattes-2
Which CMake options did you use when you compiled bullet?  The most
recent versions have a CMake option called "USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION", which
is different from setting the -DBT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION preprocessor
definition.

Rich

On 12/20/2010 5:52 PM, Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina wrote:

> [...]
>>> 00000000000a6cc0 T btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3
>> const&,
>>> double)
>>> 00000000000a6d80 T btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3
>> const&,
>>> double)
>>> 00000000000a6ca0 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()
>>> 00000000000a6c60 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()
>>> 00000000000a6c80 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()
>>>
>>> but cmake says that not. Can some help me with this? What could be wrong?
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>> Gonzalo
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gonzalo F. Perez Paina
>>> Centro de Investigación en Informática para la Ingeniería, CIII.
>>> Universidad Tecnológica Nacional. Facultad Regional Córdoba.
>>> Maestro M. López esq. Cruz Roja Argentina. CP X5016ZAA

Re: gazebo compilation

John Hsu-2
Here's the makefile we use:
https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/stacks/geometry/tags/cturtle/bullet/Makefile.bullet
John

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Rich Mattes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Which CMake options did you use when you compiled bullet?  The most
> recent versions have a CMake option called "USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION", which
> is different from setting the -DBT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION preprocessor
> definition.
>
> Rich
>
> On 12/20/2010 5:52 PM, Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina wrote:
> > Hi John,
> > sorry, I forgot to tell you that I could not compile gazebo because the
> > cmake does not generate the Makefile. cmake does not detect that bullet
> was
> > compiled with double precision.
> > I don't know it is an error in the bullet compilation or a bug in
> > CMakeLists.txt of gazebo.
> > I will try the bullet patch.
> > Thanks you very much
> >
> > 2010/12/20 John Hsu<[hidden email]>
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> You might be able to see more detail in your build directory:
> >> build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log and see what the exact compile error
> was.
> >>
> >> As a data point, we have been compiling against our own patched tarball
> of
> >> 2.76<http://pr.willowgarage.com/downloads/bullet-2.76-patched2.tar.gz
> >> John

> >> problems.
> >> with

> get

> >> const&,
> >> const&,

> wrong?

Re: gazebo compilation

Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina-2
Hi,
Thanks John Hsu and Rich Mattes for your help.
John, the attached Makefile (Makefile.bullet) gives me an error trying to
find rospack.
And your own bullet tarball gives an error in the compilation.
I do not be sure that the error is in bullet compilation, I compile the svn
rev2243 without errors and the command
nm --dynamic --demangle /usr/local/lib/

gives
libBulletCollision.so | grep "btStaticPlaneShape("
00000000000a6cc0 T btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3 const&,
double)
00000000000a6d80 T btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3 const&,
double)
00000000000a6ca0 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()
00000000000a6c60 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()
00000000000a6c80 T btStaticPlaneShape::~btStaticPlaneShape()

it appear that it was compile with double precision.
But the problem is that gazebo cmake gives

-- Performing Test BULLET_DOUBLE_PRECISION
-- Performing Test BULLET_DOUBLE_PRECISION - Failed
--     Dependency: bullet was not compiled to use double precision.

Rich, I set the variable USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION to ON in ccmake gui, and the
bullet library compile ok.
I don't know how the gazebo CMakeLists.txt checks if the bullet library was
compile with double precision, may be it have a bug.
Anyone have any similar error?

tanks you very much

2010/12/20 John Hsu <[hidden email]>

> Here's the makefile we use:
>
> https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/stacks/geometry/tags/cturtle/bullet/Makefile.bullet
> John
>
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Rich Mattes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Which CMake options did you use when you compiled bullet?  The most
> > recent versions have a CMake option called "USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION", which
> > is different from setting the -DBT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION preprocessor
> > definition.
> >
> > Rich
> >
> > On 12/20/2010 5:52 PM, Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina wrote:
> > > Hi John,
> > > sorry, I forgot to tell you that I could not compile gazebo because the
> > > cmake does not generate the Makefile. cmake does not detect that bullet
> > was
> > > compiled with double precision.
> > > I don't know it is an error in the bullet compilation or a bug in
> > > CMakeLists.txt of gazebo.
> > > I will try the bullet patch.
> > > Thanks you very much

> > was.

> tarball
> > of

> BULLET

> -

> > get

> > wrong?

Gonzalo F. Perez Paina
Centro de Investigación en Informática para la Ingeniería, CIII.
Universidad Tecnológica Nacional. Facultad Regional Córdoba.
Maestro M. López esq. Cruz Roja Argentina. CP X5016ZAA

Re: gazebo compilation

John Hsu-2
Hi Gonzalo,
Sorry I forgot to clarify, the makefile file I attached is tightly
integrated with ros, it is not going to work for you as is, I only wanted to
show you the compiler flags we used.

Can you post build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log as well?
thanks,
John

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > > definition.
> > >
> > > Rich

> the
> bullet
> > > was

> error
> > > was.

> > tarball
> > > of
> http://pr.willowgarage.com/downloads/bullet-2.76-patched2.tar.gz

> > BULLET

> /usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so
> /usr/lib/libX11.so;/usr/lib/libXext.so
> > -

> > > get

> > > wrong?

> Gonzalo F. Perez Paina
> Centro de Investigación en Informática para la Ingeniería, CIII.
> Universidad Tecnológica Nacional. Facultad Regional Córdoba.
> Maestro M. López esq. Cruz Roja Argentina. CP X5016ZAA

Thanks you very much John...
Finally, I can solved the problem of the detection of double precision
bullet compilation.
It was an error in an include file in the bullet instalation. I found this
error in CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log.
The error was that it can not find a hearder file of bullet because the
installation create a directory /usr/local/include/bullet and the
bt*Common.h files search the headers files in /user/local/include (without
bullet/).
But... now I have a problem with the compilation (make) of gazebo
it gives

Linking CXX shared library libgazebo.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lprofiler
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libgazebo/libgazebo.so.0.10.0] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libgazebo/CMakeFiles/gazeboshm.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

someone know this error?
Thanks you very much

2010/12/21 John Hsu <[hidden email]>

> [...]
> > Centro de Investigación en Informática para la Ingeniería, CIII.
> > Universidad Tecnológica Nacional. Facultad Regional Córdoba.
> > Maestro M. López esq. Cruz Roja Argentina. CP X5016ZAA
> > [hidden email]

> > Forrester recently released a report on the Return on Investment (ROI) of
> > Google Apps. They found a 300% ROI, 38%-56% cost savings, and break-even
> > within 7 months.  Over 3 million businesses have gone Google with Google
> > Apps:
> > an online email calendar, and document program that's accessible from
> your
> > browser. Read the Forrester report: http://p.sf.net/sfu/googleapps-sfnew

Gonzalo F. Perez Paina
Centro de Investigación en Informática para la Ingeniería, CIII.
Universidad Tecnológica Nacional. Facultad Regional Córdoba.
Maestro M. López esq. Cruz Roja Argentina. CP X5016ZAA

I created a patch (attached), can you try it out?
Thanks,
John

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks you very much John...
> Finally, I can solved the problem of the detection of double precision
> bullet compilation.
> It was an error in an include file in the bullet instalation. I found this
> error in CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log.
> The error was that it can not find a hearder file of bullet because the
> installation create a directory /usr/local/include/bullet and the
> bt*Common.h files search the headers files in /user/local/include (without
> bullet/).
> But... now I have a problem with the compilation (make) of gazebo
> it gives
>
> Linking CXX shared library libgazebo.so
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lprofiler
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [libgazebo/libgazebo.so.0.10.0] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [libgazebo/CMakeFiles/gazeboshm.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> someone know this error?
> Thanks you very much

Re: gazebo compilation

Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina-2
Hi John,
did you forget of attach the patch?
Thanks

2010/12/21 John Hsu <[hidden email]>

> Hi Gonzalo,
> I created a patch (attached), can you try it out?
> Thanks,
> John
>
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Thanks you very much John...
> > Finally, I can solved the problem of the detection of double precision
> > bullet compilation.
> > It was an error in an include file in the bullet instalation. I found
> this
> > error in CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log.
> > The error was that it can not find a hearder file of bullet because the
> > installation create a directory /usr/local/include/bullet and the
> > bt*Common.h files search the headers files in /user/local/include
> (without
> > bullet/).
> > But... now I have a problem with the compilation (make) of gazebo
> > it gives
> >
> > Linking CXX shared library libgazebo.so
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lprofiler
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[2]: *** [libgazebo/libgazebo.so.0.10.0] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [libgazebo/CMakeFiles/gazeboshm.dir/all] Error 2
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > someone know this error?
> > Thanks you very much

Gonzalo F. Perez Paina
Centro de Investigación en Informática para la Ingeniería, CIII.
Universidad Tecnológica Nacional. Facultad Regional Córdoba.
Maestro M. López esq. Cruz Roja Argentina. CP X5016ZAA

Re: gazebo compilation

John Hsu-2
oops,

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi John,
> did you forget of attach the patch?
> Thanks
>
> 2010/12/21 John Hsu <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hi Gonzalo,
> > I created a patch (attached), can you try it out?
> > Thanks,
> > John
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > Thanks you very much John...
> > > Finally, I can solved the problem of the detection of double precision
> > > bullet compilation.
> > > It was an error in an include file in the bullet instalation. I found
> > this
> > > error in CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log.
> > > The error was that it can not find a hearder file of bullet because the
> > > installation create a directory /usr/local/include/bullet and the
> > > bt*Common.h files search the headers files in /user/local/include
> > (without
> > > bullet/).
> > > But... now I have a problem with the compilation (make) of gazebo
> > > it gives
> > >
> > > Linking CXX shared library libgazebo.so
> > > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lprofiler
> > > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > > make[2]: *** [libgazebo/libgazebo.so.0.10.0] Error 1
> > > make[1]: *** [libgazebo/CMakeFiles/gazeboshm.dir/all] Error 2
> > > make: *** [all] Error 2
> > >
> > > someone know this error?
> > > Thanks you very much

> > Forrester recently released a report on the Return on Investment (ROI) of
> > Google Apps. They found a 300% ROI, 38%-56% cost savings, and break-even
> > within 7 months.  Over 3 million businesses have gone Google with Google
> > Apps:
> > an online email calendar, and document program that's accessible from
> your
> > browser. Read the Forrester report: http://p.sf.net/sfu/googleapps-sfnew

> Gonzalo F. Perez Paina
> Centro de Investigación en Informática para la Ingeniería, CIII.
> Universidad Tecnológica Nacional. Facultad Regional Córdoba.
> Maestro M. López esq. Cruz Roja Argentina. CP X5016ZAA

Re: gazebo compilation

sims-9
Hi Gonzalo,

Had the same problem in the past. You should make sure the
google-perftools are installed (see
http://code.google.com/p/google-perftools/).

Hope this helps,
Barry

On 12/21/2010 10:24 PM, Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina wrote:

> [...]
>> precision.

>> precision,

>> grep
>> btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3
>> btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3

>> be

>>> --
>>> Gonzalo F. Perez Paina
>>> Centro de Investigación en Informática para la Ingeniería, CIII.
>>> Universidad Tecnológica Nacional. Facultad Regional Córdoba.
>>> Maestro M. López esq. Cruz Roja Argentina. CP X5016ZAA
>>> [hidden email]

>>> Forrester recently released a report on the Return on Investment (ROI) of
>>> Google Apps. They found a 300% ROI, 38%-56% cost savings, and break-even
>>> within 7 months.  Over 3 million businesses have gone Google with Google
>>> Apps:
>>> an online email calendar, and document program that's accessible from

Yes, Barry is right, but libprofiler.so is not needed unless one is trying
to benchmark things in development, definitely shouldn't be a system
requirement for everyone (though I am not opposed to anyone trying to
improve performance :) ).  If the patch I suggested works correctly, it'll
be integrated into trunk asap, thanks for testing it :)
John

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:24 PM, sims <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gonzalo,
>
> Had the same problem in the past. You should make sure the
> google-perftools are installed (see
> http://code.google.com/p/google-perftools/).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Barry
>

> On 12/21/2010 10:24 PM, Gonzalo Fernando Perez Paina wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Thanks you very much John...
> > Finally, I can solved the problem of the detection of double precision
> > bullet compilation.
> > It was an error in an include file in the bullet instalation. I found
> this
> > error in CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log.
> > The error was that it can not find a hearder file of bullet because the
> > installation create a directory /usr/local/include/bullet and the
> > bt*Common.h files search the headers files in /user/local/include
> (without
> > bullet/).
> > But... now I have a problem with the compilation (make) of gazebo
> > it gives
> >
> > Linking CXX shared library libgazebo.so
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lprofiler
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[2]: *** [libgazebo/libgazebo.so.0.10.0] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [libgazebo/CMakeFiles/gazeboshm.dir/all] Error 2
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > someone know this error?
> > Thanks you very much

Importing SketchUp Model into Gazebo

Peter Nordin-2
Hello list

I am currently using Gazebo svn8858, (I am not using latest trunk
because simulation throttleing does not seem to work, I want to run the
simulator at 1:1 “realtime”). I am also using the latest stable assimp
2.0 release.

Now to my problem. I want to import models from external sources into
Gazebo. I recently tried Google SketchUp and found the “warehouse”,
containing plenty of nice objects that I would like to use.

I have tried the following methods:
Collada export from SketchUp. Import into gazebo only partially works,
some models are incomplete, missing or in the wrong place, all
textures/colors are missing, everything is white.

Ogre .mesh.xml export from SketchUp, using a SketchUp plugin I found on
the Ogre web page.
This generates a .mesh.xml and a .material file. It also outputs the
needed textures.
When I import this into Gazebo, the models seem to be imported correctly
but I do not know how to make Gazebo load the .material file. Without
the materials everything is white.

I have also tried to convert the .mesh.xml to a .mesh Ogre binary file.
But that did not seem to include the colors and textures either.

I have tried to manually copy the contents of the exported .material
file into Gazebo.material in my /usr/local/share/gazebo/Media/material
directory, and copied the textures. With some manual editing the
textures and colors will now show up on the imported model.
Doing this for every model that I want to use is extremely time
consuming however.

I hope that someone has some suggestions.

Best regards
Peter

Potential bug in Universaljoint.hh

Peter Nordin-2
Hello

I was trying out the UniversalJoint (ode) and had to change line 138 in
server/physics/UniversalJoint.hh

From:
137         this->SetAxis(0,**(this->axis1P));
138         this->SetAxis(1,**(this->axis1P));

To:
137         this->SetAxis(0,**(this->axis1P));
138         this->SetAxis(1,**(this->axis2P));

This is in svn trunk HEAD revision.

Best regards
Peter

New Gazebo GPS interface

Raul Correal

Hi,

Due to my current project requirements, I've implemented a GPS interface for
Gazebo that can be used either from libgazebo or thru Player. AFAIK there is
no such feature in Gazebo 0.9 or later or in the C-Turle ROS Gazebo version.
I was wondering if this may be of interest to the community to be included
for future releases? I have also some world and model files and C++ example
code using the GPS (both, libgazebo and Player).

In such a case, could sb (Nate, r u still with this?) push me in the right
direction to send/upload/include this code into the trunk version? I have
developed some new files and modified some others.

Regards,

Some works with Gazebo:
http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/wiki/GazeboUsers#Raul_Correal

************************************************************************************************************************************************
*La información contenida en este mensaje de correo electrónico es confidencial y puede revestir el carácter de reservada.   *
*Está dirigida exclusivamente a la persona destinataria.                                                                                                   *
*El acceso o cualquier uso por parte de cualquier otra persona de este mensaje no están autorizados y pueden ser ilegales.*
*Si no es Ud. la persona destinataria, le rogamos que proceda a borrarlo.                                                                          *
*The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged.                                                                        *
*It is intended solely for the addressee.                                                                                                                           *
*Access or any use by any other person to this Internet e-mail is not authorised and may be unlawful.                                 *
*If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail.                                                                                         *
************************************************************************************************************************************************

Re: New Gazebo GPS interface

Peter Nordin-2
Hello

For me a GPS player interface would be of great use. I am running the
same code against my real robot platform and Gazebo, where I have
written my own custom robot controller that mimics my real robot. I am
currently using the Position2d, Laser and IMU (which I have added
myself) interfaces. The only thing that is missing compared to my real
system is the GPS interface.

I would also be interested in sending in my player IMU interface code as
a patch. (I have tried before but I did not receive any feedback
regarding the patch). The code makes some additions to the GenericIMU
sensor in Gazebo but I would be willing to change my code if my changes
are unsuitable. for example, I cheat a bit and take the known angular
velocities and Euler angles directly from the simulator and output them
without adding noise or bias.
Adding some random noise to the angular velocities should not be that
difficult but adding realistic Euler angle IMU errors is more difficult.
I was hoping that someone else might add such features in the future if
they would have use for it.

Best regards
Peter

On 02/22/2011 09:39 AM, Raul Correal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Due to my current project requirements, I've implemented a GPS interface for
> Gazebo that can be used either from libgazebo or thru Player. AFAIK there is
> no such feature in Gazebo 0.9 or later or in the C-Turle ROS Gazebo version.
> I was wondering if this may be of interest to the community to be included
> for future releases? I have also some world and model files and C++ example
> code using the GPS (both, libgazebo and Player).
>
> In such a case, could sb (Nate, r u still with this?) push me in the right
> direction to send/upload/include this code into the trunk version? I have
> developed some new files and modified some others.
>
> Regards,
>
> Some works with Gazebo:
> http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/wiki/GazeboUsers#Raul_Correal

> ************************************************************************************************************************************************
> *La información contenida en este mensaje de correo electrónico es confidencial y puede revestir el carácter de reservada.   *
> *Está dirigida exclusivamente a la persona destinataria.                                                                                                   *
> *El acceso o cualquier uso por parte de cualquier otra persona de este mensaje no están autorizados y pueden ser ilegales.*
> *Si no es Ud. la persona destinataria, le rogamos que proceda a borrarlo.                                                                          *
> *The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged.                                                                        *
> *It is intended solely for the addressee.                                                                                                                           *
> *Access or any use by any other person to this Internet e-mail is not authorised and may be unlawful.                                 *
> *If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail.                                                                                         *
> ************************************************************************************************************************************************

Re: New Gazebo GPS interface

A GPS sensor and interface would be a welcome addition to gazebo.
Could you please submit a patch through the sourceforge patch system?

Thank you very much for your effort and willingness to contribute.
Please let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers,
-nate

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 7:44 AM, Peter Nordin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> *Si no es Ud. la persona destinataria, le rogamos que proceda a borrarlo.                                                                          *
>> *The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged.                                                                        *
>> *It is intended solely for the addressee.                                                                                                                           *
>> *Access or any use by any other person to this Internet e-mail is not authorised and may be unlawful.                                 *
>> *If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail.                                                                                         *

Re: Potential bug in Universaljoint.hh

Yup, that's a problem. Thanks for the fix.

Cheers,
-nate

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 12:26 AM, Peter Nordin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I was trying out the UniversalJoint (ode) and had to change line 138 in
> server/physics/UniversalJoint.hh
>
> From:
> 137         this->SetAxis(0,**(this->axis1P));
> 138         this->SetAxis(1,**(this->axis1P));
>
> To:
> 137         this->SetAxis(0,**(this->axis1P));
> 138         this->SetAxis(1,**(this->axis2P));
>
> This is in svn trunk HEAD revision.
>
> Best regards
> Peter

Re: New Gazebo GPS interface

Hemation

great! I'll do it on Monday, and let you know if I've got any problem.

I'll send a message to the list whenever it's up and ready.

Have a great weekend!