gazebo and clodbuster error

Puneet Singh

i have a player1.6.5 installed on my machine, i tried installing player-2.0-pre5, but i got this error can any one suggest me y this has occured.

PLAYERPATH: /usr/local/lib
trying to load /usr/local/lib/libstage..
failed to load /usr/local/lib/libstage (error /usr/local/lib/libstage.so.0: unde fined symbol: global_argc)trying to load /usr/local/share/stage/worlds/./libstage...
failed (/usr/local/share/stage/worlds/./libstage.so: cannot open shared object f ile: No such file or directory)
trying to load /usr/local/lib/libstage...
failed (/usr/local/lib/libstage.so.0: undefined symbol: global_argc)
trying to load libstage...
failed (/usr/local/lib/libstage.so: undefined symbol: global_argc)
error   : error loading plugin: libstage
error   : failed to load plugin: libstage
error   : failed to parse config file simple.cfg

i also tried to install gazebo, but prior to gazebo i had already  player-1.6.5 installed. i got this error:

checking GL/glut.h usability... no
checking GL/glut.h presence... no
checking for GL/glut.h... no
configure: error: Could not find (one of) gl.h glu.h glut.h; OpenGL is required to build Gazebo.

Re: gazebo and clodbuster error

Nate Koenig
Stay away from player-2.0 for now. Stick with player-1.6.5. Gazebo CVS
has a few bug fixes in it, and works with player-1.6.5.

-nate

On 9/22/05, Puneet Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i have a player1.6.5 installed on my machine, i tried installing
> player-2.0-pre5, but i got this error can any one suggest me y this has
> occured.
> PLAYERPATH: /usr/local/lib
> trying to load /usr/local/lib/libstage..
> failed to load /usr/local/lib/libstage (error /usr/local/lib/libstage.so.0:
> unde fined symbol: global_argc)trying to load
> /usr/local/share/stage/worlds/./libstage...
> failed (/usr/local/share/stage/worlds/./libstage.so: cannot
> open shared object f ile: No such file or directory)
> trying to load /usr/local/lib/libstage...
> failed (/usr/local/lib/libstage.so.0: undefined symbol: global_argc)
> trying to load libstage...
> failed (/usr/local/lib/libstage.so: undefined symbol: global_argc)
> error   : error loading plugin: libstage
> error   : failed to load plugin: libstage
> error   : failed to parse config file simple.cfg
>
> i also tried to install gazebo, but prior to gazebo i had already
> player-1.6.5 installed. i got this error:
>
> checking GL/glut.h usability... no
> checking GL/glut.h presence... no
> checking for GL/glut.h... no
> configure: error: Could not find (one of) gl.h glu.h glut.h; OpenGL is
> required to build Gazebo.

Re: gazebo and clodbuster error

Brian Gerkey

On Sep 22, 2005, at 10:19 AM, Puneet Singh wrote:

> i have a player1.6.5 installed on my machine, i tried installing
> player-2.0-pre5, but i got this error can any one suggest me y this
> has occured.

The release notes for player-2.0-pre5 say it all:

Release Name: 2.0-pre5

Notes: DO NOT USE THIS PACKAGE. It is for developer testing ONLY.

     brian.

--
Brian Gerkey
[hidden email]