error: wxgazebo (using wxPython 2.6)

Hugo ngan
Hi all,

I am using gazebo 0.5.2 and it would be very appreciated if someone can clarify something for me because I am a beginner in Linux. i am using a Nvidia Fx5200 and I am able to run gazebo but I am having trouble with wxgazebo. When I run wxgazebo, I get the following error.

File "/usr/local/bin/wxgazebo", line 4, in ?
from wxgazebo.main import main
ImportError: No module named wxgazebo.main

But after setting my PYTHONPATH to /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages. I get the error that wxpthyon is not installed and asked me to go to http://wxPython.org.  This is strange because i did install wxpython common 2.6, wxpython GTK 2.6 and wxpython devel 2.6. I have also read some mails in the mailing list. One of them said this:

I had that problem and never pinpointed exactly what the problem was.  All I
know is that you have to have Python and wxPython 2.4 (anything later than
2.4 won"t work) installed correctly. Also remember to set your PYTHONPATH
variable correctly (e.g. /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages). Another
thing is that it seems that doing "make install" right after running
configure is what works and not "make", then "make install" like some docs
suggest. Hope that helps

So my question is: Is it true that I need to use wxpython 2.4 or older and if so where can I get the old version of wxpython for Fedora Core 3?

Also if I use wxpython common 2.6 and then wxpython 2.4...would that work for gazebo?

THANK YOU SO MUCH,

--
Thank you,

Hugo Ngan

Re: error: wxgazebo (using wxPython 2.6)

Rachel Gockley
> But after setting my PYTHONPATH to
> /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages. I get the error that wxpthyon is

Firstly, is that your correct path? (You mention 2.4 and 2.6, so I just
wanted to make sure.)

I've seen that error before... I *think* the fix is to install the CVS
version of gazebo and run that instead. Can anyone back me up on that?

-- Rachel

Re: error: wxgazebo (using wxPython 2.6)

Nate Koenig
The CVS version of Gazebo works with wxPython 2.4 and later. Gazebo
release 0.5.2 works with wxPython 2.4 and earlier. And make sure your
path is set correctly.

-nate

On 9/22/05, Rachel Gockley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > But after setting my PYTHONPATH to
> > /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages. I get the error that wxpthyon is
>
> Firstly, is that your correct path? (You mention 2.4 and 2.6, so I just
> wanted to make sure.)
>
> I've seen that error before... I *think* the fix is to install the CVS
> version of gazebo and run that instead. Can anyone back me up on that?
>
> -- Rachel

Re: error: wxgazebo (using wxPython 2.6)

Hugo ngan
Hi,

Thanks for replying...with the CVS verson of gazebo, do i have to download each file of gazebo one-by-one or is there a method or link which download all the files at once?

Thanks,

Hugo

On 9/23/05, Nate Koenig <[hidden email]> wrote:
The CVS version of Gazebo works with wxPython 2.4 and later. Gazebo
release 0.5.2 works with wxPython 2.4 and earlier. And make sure your
path is set correctly.

-nate

On 9/22/05, Rachel Gockley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > But after setting my PYTHONPATH to
> > /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages. I get the error that wxpthyon is
>
> Firstly, is that your correct path? (You mention 2.4 and 2.6, so I just
> wanted to make sure.)
>
> I've seen that error before... I *think* the fix is to install the CVS
> version of gazebo and run that instead. Can anyone back me up on that?
>

> -- Rachel

Thank you,

Hugo Ngan

Re: error: wxgazebo (using wxPython 2.6)

Richard vaughan

You use a CVS client to check out the entire current tree with one command. Check the SoucreForge docs for very thorough instructions.

Richard/

On 23-Sep-05, at 8:31 PM, Hugo ngan wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for replying...with the CVS verson of gazebo, do i have to download each file of gazebo one-by-one or is there a method or link which download all the files at once?

Thanks,

Hugo

On 9/23/05, Nate Koenig <[hidden email]> wrote:
The CVS version of Gazebo works with wxPython 2.4 and later. Gazebo
release 0.5.2 works with wxPython 2.4 and earlier. And make sure your
path is set correctly.

-nate

On 9/22/05, Rachel Gockley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > But after setting my PYTHONPATH to
> > /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages. I get the error that wxpthyon is
>
> Firstly, is that your correct path? (You mention 2.4 and 2.6, so I just
> wanted to make sure.)
>
> I've seen that error before... I *think* the fix is to install the CVS
> version of gazebo and run that instead. Can anyone back me up on that?
>

> -- Rachel

Thank you,

Hugo Ngan

Re: error: wxgazebo (using wxPython 2.6)

Hugo ngan
Hi,

Thanks for replying and helping me out. I found out how to downlaod the gazebo folder using cvs but i do not know how to install it. I tried installing it using the same method as gazebo 0.5.2 ie:

./configure
make
make install

but when i run ./configure i get
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

I am really new to linux and everything and this might sound a bit odd.... what am i suppose to do to install the gazebo i downloaded from the cvs?

Thanks you,

Hugo

--
Thank you,

Hugo Ngan

--
Thank you,

Hugo Ngan

Re: error: wxgazebo (using wxPython 2.6)

Compiling from CVS requires one more step:

./bootstrap
./configure
make
make install

-nate

On 9/25/05, Hugo ngan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Thanks for replying and helping me out. I found out how to downlaod the
> gazebo folder using cvs but i do not know how to install it. I tried
> installing it using the same method as gazebo 0.5.2 ie:
>
>  ./configure
>  make
>  make install
>
>  but when i run ./configure i get
>  bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
>
>  I am really new to linux and everything and this might sound a bit odd....
> what am i suppose to do to install the gazebo i downloaded from the cvs?
>
>  Thanks you,
>
>  Hugo
>

> On 9/24/05, Richard vaughan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > You use a CVS client to check out the entire current tree with one
> command. Check the SoucreForge docs for very thorough instructions.
> >

> > Richard/
> >

> > On 23-Sep-05, at 8:31 PM, Hugo ngan wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for replying...with the CVS verson of gazebo, do i have to download
> each file of gazebo one-by-one or is there a method or link which download
> all the files at once?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Hugo
> >

> > On 9/23/05, Nate Koenig < [hidden email]> wrote:
> > > The CVS version of Gazebo works with wxPython 2.4 and later. Gazebo
> > > release 0.5.2 works with wxPython 2.4 and earlier. And make sure your
> > > path is set correctly.
> > >
> > > -nate

> error that wxpthyon is

> just

> > --
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Hugo Ngan
> >

> --
> Thank you,
>
> Hugo Ngan

Re: error: wxgazebo (using wxPython 2.6)

Hugo ngan
Hi,

Thanks for helping me so much. I really really appreciate the help.

Many Thanks,

Hugo

On 9/27/05, Nate Koenig <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Compiling from CVS requires one more step:

./bootstrap
./configure
make
make install

-nate

On 9/25/05, Hugo ngan <[hidden email] > wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Thanks for replying and helping me out. I found out how to downlaod the
> gazebo folder using cvs but i do not know how to install it. I tried
> installing it using the same method as gazebo 0.5.2 ie:
>
>  ./configure
>  make
>  make install
>
>  but when i run ./configure i get
>  bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
>
>  I am really new to linux and everything and this might sound a bit odd....
> what am i suppose to do to install the gazebo i downloaded from the cvs?
>
>  Thanks you,
>
>  Hugo
>

> On 9/24/05, Richard vaughan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > You use a CVS client to check out the entire current tree with one
> command. Check the SoucreForge docs for very thorough instructions.
> >

> > Richard/
> >

> > On 23-Sep-05, at 8:31 PM, Hugo ngan wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for replying...with the CVS verson of gazebo, do i have to download
> each file of gazebo one-by-one or is there a method or link which download
> all the files at once?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Hugo
> >

> > On 9/23/05, Nate Koenig < [hidden email]> wrote:

> > > The CVS version of Gazebo works with wxPython 2.4 and later. Gazebo
> > > release 0.5.2 works with wxPython 2.4 and earlier. And make sure your
> > > path is set correctly.
> > >
> > > -nate

> error that wxpthyon is

> just

> very
> http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php

> > --
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Hugo Ngan
> >

> --
> Thank you,
>
> Hugo Ngan

Thank you,

Hugo Ngan

Re: error: wxgazebo (using wxPython 2.6)

Hugo ngan
Hi,

I am still having trouble with gazebo and wxgazebo (cvs version)....can someone help me please..again. And I would like to apologies for the long email.

when i run gazebo i get a segment fault error:

[root@localhost worlds]# gazebo example.world
** Gazebo 0.5.3 **
* Part of the Player/Stage Project [<a href="http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://playerstage.sourceforge.net].
* Copyright 2000-2005 Brian Gerkey, Richard Vaughan, Andrew Howard,
* Nate Koenig and contributors.
* Released under the GNU General Public License.
using display [:0.0]
rendering: [SGIX pbuffer] direct [yes] RGBA [8 8 8 0] depth [24]
Segmentation fault

with wx gazebo....i export the path as instructed in the gazebo manual installation page...i still get the following output

[root@localhost worlds]# wxgazebo terrain.world
wxPython (<a href="http://www.wxpython.org/" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://www.wxpython.org) not found; please install it
or else fix your PYTHONPATH

wxpython common 2.6, wxpython gtk2 2.6 and wxpython devel 2.6 was also installed using yum localinstall. Is that the rite way to go about it?

the pkg was:
wxPython2.6-devel-gtk2-unicode
-2.6.1.0-fc2_py2.4.i386.rpm
wxPython2.6-gtk2-unicode-2.6.1.0-fc2_py2.4.i386.rpm
wxPython-common-gtk2-unicode-2.6.1.0-fc2_py2.4.i386 .rpm

p.s. i am using FC 3

this is the export path

[root@localhost worlds]# export
declare -x COLORTERM="gnome-terminal"
declare -x CPATH="/usr/local/include:"
declare -x DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-4M8hT24HL5"
declare -x DESKTOP_SESSION="default"
declare -x DISPLAY=":0.0"
declare -x GDMSESSION="default"
declare -x GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID="Default"
declare -x GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET="/tmp/keyring-99XBvd/socket"
declare -x GTK_RC_FILES="/etc/gtk/gtkrc:/root/.gtkrc-1.2-gnome2"
declare -x G_BROKEN_FILENAMES="1"
declare -x HISTSIZE="1000"
declare -x HOME="/root"
declare -x HOSTNAME="localhost.localdomain"
declare -x INPUTRC="/etc/inputrc"
declare -x KDEDIR="/usr"
declare -x LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
declare -x LESSOPEN="|/usr/bin/lesspipe.sh %s"
declare -x LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:"
declare -x LOGNAME="root"
declare -x LS_COLORS="no=00:fi=00:di=00;34:ln=00;36:pi=40;33:so=00;35:bd=40;33;01:cd=40;33;01:or=01;05;37;41:mi=01;05;37;41:ex=00;32:*.cmd=00;32:*.exe=00;32:*.com=00;32:*.btm=00;32:*.bat=00;32:*.sh=00;32:*.csh=00;32:*.tar=00;31:*.tgz=00;31:*.arj=00;31:*.taz=00;31:*.lzh=00;31:*.zip=00;31:*.z=00;31:*.Z=00;31:*.gz=00;31:*.bz2=00;31:*.bz=00;31:*.tz=00;31:*.rpm=00;31:*.cpio=00;31:*.jpg=00;35:*.gif=00;35:*.bmp=00;35:*.xbm=00;35:*.xpm=00;35:*.png=00;35:*.tif=00;35:"
declare -x MAIL="/var/spool/mail/root"
declare -x OLDPWD="/home/gazebo/gazebo"
declare -x PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin"
declare -x PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:"
declare -x PWD="/home/gazebo/gazebo/worlds"
declare -x PYTHONPATH="/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages:"
declare -x QTDIR="/usr/lib/qt-3.3"
declare -x SESSION_MANAGER="local/localhost.localdomain:/tmp/.ICE-unix/3624"
declare -x SHELL="/bin/bash"
declare -x SHLVL="2"
declare -x SSH_AGENT_PID="3652"
declare -x SSH_ASKPASS="/usr/libexec/openssh/gnome-ssh-askpass"
declare -x SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/tmp/ssh-jTWxex3651/agent.3651"
declare -x TERM="xterm"
declare -x USER="root"
declare -x WINDOWID="37748816"
declare -x XAUTHORITY="/root/.Xauthority"

this is the ./configure output for librtk-src-2.3

[root@localhost librtk-src-2.3.0]# ./configure
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for gtk+-2.0... yes
checking GTK_CFLAGS... -DXTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -DXUSE_MTSAFE_API -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/freetype2/config -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
checking GTK_LIBS... -Wl,--export-dynamic -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lpangoxft-1.0 -lpangox-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... [root@localhost librtk-src-2.3.0]# ./configure --disale-libavcodec
configure: error: unrecognized option: --disale-libavcodec
Try `./configure --help' for more information.
[root@localhost librtk-src-2.3.0]# ./configure --disable-libavcodec
[...]
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking jpeglib.h usability... yes
checking jpeglib.h presence... yes
checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking for pthread_create in -lc_r... no
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating librtk/Makefile
config.status: creating pyrtk/Makefile
config.status: creating test/Makefile
config.status: creating librtk2.pc
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing default-1 commands

RTK will be built on a i686-pc-linux-gnu system to run
on a i686-pc-linux-gnu system, with the following tools:
    C   compiler: gcc -g -O2

RTK will be installed in:
    /usr/local/

Movie-making facilities (using ffmpeg) will NOT be included.
Try --enable-libavcodec to enable it (but be aware that it
doesn't build everywhere, incuding Solaris)

Python bindings will NOT be built.

When you're satisfied with the configuration, type 'make install'.

and the ./configure for gazebo is

[root@localhost gazebo]# ./configure
checking build system type... i686-redhat-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-redhat-linux-gnu
checking target system type... i686-redhat-linux-gnu
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking for scandir... yes
checking for poll... yes
checking for dirname... yes
checking for alphasort... yes
checking for strndup... yes
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking checking for union semun... no
checking GL/gl.h usability... yes
checking GL/gl.h presence... yes
checking for GL/gl.h... yes
checking GL/glu.h usability... yes
checking GL/glu.h presence... yes
checking for GL/glu.h... yes
checking GL/glut.h usability... yes
checking GL/glut.h presence... yes
checking for GL/glut.h... yes
checking whether glXCreateGLXPbufferSGIX is declared... yes
checking for xml2-config... yes
checking for ode
checking ode/ode.h usability... yes
checking ode/ode.h presence... yes
checking for ode/ode.h... yes
checking for dWorldCreate in -lode... yes
checking for dJointGetHinge2Anchor2 in -lode... yes
checking for dGeomTriMeshDataCreate in -lode... no
checking for gdk-pixbuf-2.0... yes
checking GDK_PIXBUF_CFLAGS... -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
checking GDK_PIXBUF_LIBS... -Wl,--export-dynamic -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for lib3ds-config... yes
checking projects.h usability... no
checking projects.h presence... no
checking for projects.h... no
configure: WARNING: Proj4 library not found; some functionality will be disabledchecking for python... yes
checking for swig... yes
checking for python... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking gdal/gdal_priv.h usability... no
checking gdal/gdal_priv.h presence... no
checking for gdal/gdal_priv.h... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating worlds/Makefile
config.status: creating replace/Makefile
config.status: creating libgazebo/Makefile
config.status: creating libgazebo/bindings/Makefile
config.status: creating libgazebo/bindings/python/Makefile
config.status: creating server/Makefile
config.status: creating server/bodies/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/AvatarHeli/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/Blimp/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/CarChassis/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/ClodBuster/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/Factory/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/GarminGPS/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/GroundPlane/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/LightSource/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/MonoCam/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/Pioneer2AT/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/Pioneer2DX/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/PeopleBot/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/Road/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/SegwayRMP/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/Shrimp/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/SickLMS200/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/SimpleSolid/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/SkyDome/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/SonyVID30/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/CanonVCC4/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/StereoHead/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/Terrain/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/TruthWidget/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/WheelChair/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/Pioneer2Gripper/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/ObserverCam/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/B21R/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/Atrv/Makefile
config.status: creating server/models/Bandit/Makefile
config.status: creating server/sensors/Makefile
config.status: creating server/sensors/Camera/Makefile
config.status: creating server/sensors/RayProximity/Makefile
config.status: creating gui/Makefile
config.status: creating gui/wx/Makefile
config.status: creating gui/wx/panels/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/plugins/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/plugins/ExampleModel/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/libgazebo/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/libgazebo/simple/Makefile
config.status: creating examples/libgazebo/python/Makefile
config.status: creating utils/Makefile
config.status: creating utils/builder/Makefile
config.status: creating gazebo.pc
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged

Gazebo will be built on a i686-redhat-linux-gnu system to run
on a i686-redhat-linux-gnu system, with the following tools:
    Preprocessor:  -DGLX_GLXEXT_PROTOTYPES=1
    C   compiler: gcc -g -O2
    C++ compiler: g++ -g -g -O2

Gazebo will build models using:
    CPPFLAGS: -Wall -I. -I$(top_srcdir)/server -I$(top_srcdir)/server/bodies -I$(top_srcdir)/server/sensors -I$(top_srcdir)/server/gui -I$(top_srcdir)/libgazebo -I/usr/include/libxml2  -I/usr/local/include

Gazebo will build sensors using:
    CPPFLAGS: -Wall -I. -I$(top_srcdir)/server -I$(top_srcdir)/server/bodies -I$(top_srcdir)/server/sensors -I$(top_srcdir)/server/gui -I$(top_srcdir)/libgazebo -I/usr/include/libxml2  -I/usr/local/include

Gazebo will build the server using:
    CPPFLAGS: -Wall -I. -I$(top_srcdir)/replace -I$(top_srcdir)/libgazebo -I$(top_srcdir)/server -I$(top_srcdir)/server/bodies -I$(top_srcdir)/server/sensors -I$(top_srcdir)/libgazebo -I/usr/include/libxml2  -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
    LDFLAGS: -Wl,--export-dynamic -L$(top_builddir)/libgazebo -L$(top_builddir)/server/bodies -L/usr/X11R6/lib
    LDADD: -lm -lpthread  models/AvatarHeli/libavatarheli.a models/Blimp/libblimp.a models/ClodBuster/libclodbuster.a models/CarChassis/libcarchassis.a models/Factory/libfactory.a models/GarminGPS/libgarmingps.a models/GroundPlane/libgroundplane.a models/LightSource/liblightsource.a models/MonoCam/libmonocam.a models/ObserverCam/libobservercam.a models/Pioneer2AT/libpioneer2at.a models/Pioneer2DX/libpioneer2dx.a models/Pioneer2Gripper/libpioneer2gripper.a models/PeopleBot/libpeoplebot.a models/SegwayRMP/libsegwayrmp.a models/Shrimp/libshrimp.a models/SickLMS200/libsicklms200.a models/SimpleSolid/libsimplesolid.a models/SkyDome/libskydome.a models/SonyVID30/libsonyvid30.a models/CanonVCC4/libcanonvcc4.a models/StereoHead/libstereohead.a models/TruthWidget/libtruthwidget.a    models/Bandit/libbandit.a  sensors/Camera/libcamera.a sensors/RayProximity/librayproximity.a                              -lgazebobodies $(top_builddir)/replace/libreplace.a -lgazebo  -lX11 -lXi -lXmu -L/usr/lib -lxml2 -lz -lpthread -lm -lode -lGL -lGLU -lglut -L/usr/local/lib -l3ds  -Wl,--export-dynamic -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0

Gazebo will build Python bindings

Gazebo will build wxgazebo (GUI)

Gazebo will NOT build the gzbuilder utility:
    could not find gdal_priv.h

The following device models will be included:
    AvatarHeli
    Blimp
    ClodBuster
    CarChassis
    Factory
    GarminGPS
    GroundPlane
    LightSource
    MonoCam
    ObserverCam
    Pioneer2AT
    Pioneer2DX
    Pioneer2Gripper
    PeopleBot
    SegwayRMP
    Shrimp
    SickLMS200
    SimpleSolid
    SkyDome
    SonyVID30
    CanonVCC4
    StereoHead
    TruthWidget
    Bandit

The following device sensors will be included:
    camera
    rayproximity

The following device models will NOT be included:
    WheelChair -- disabled by default; use --enable-wheelchair to enable
    B21R -- disabled by default; use --enable-b21r to enable
    Atrv -- disabled by default; use --enable-atrv to enable
    Road -- no trimesh support in ODE
    Terrain -- no trimesh support in ODE

The following device sensors will NOT be included:

Gazebo will be installed in:
    /usr/local/

You can specify a different installation directory like this:
    ./configure --prefix=<install dir>

To see the other configuration options, do:
    ./configure --help

When you're satisfied with the configuration, type 'make install'.

Re: error: wxgazebo (using wxPython 2.6)

Doug Blank
> Hi,
>
> I am still having trouble with gazebo and wxgazebo (cvs version)....can
> someone help me please..again. And I would like to apologies for the long
> email.
>
> when i run gazebo i get a segment fault error:

I didn't look at your output, but you might be interested in trying our
RPMS for FC3 and FC4:

http://pyrorobotics.org/?page=PyroInstallation

We have a yum repository (section 1.3 on the above page) that includes
versions of player/stage/gazebo from this summer. It works for us.

-Doug

Re: error: wxgazebo (using wxPython 2.6)

Hugo ngan
Hi,

Thanks for replying. That link is very useful. I finally got wxgazebo to work.....thank you so much for the help you all gave me. thank you!!!!!!

Thank you,

Hugo