error with libplayerxdr when installing gazebo

error with libplayerxdr when installing gazebo

kramerica
I'm hoping someone can help me finish getting Gazebo installed. I got Player and Stage installed no problem, but Gazebo has just been a pain.

Here's the error I'm stuck on
[85%]Building CXX object player/CMakeFiles/gazeboplugin.dir/LaserInterface.o
/usr/local/gazebo-0.9.0/player/LaserInterface.cc:32:36: error: libplayerxdr/playerxdr.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [player/CMakeFiles/gazeboplugin.dir/LaserInterface.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [player/CMakeFiles/gazeboplugin.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I used Syntapic to install libplayerxdr2 and libplayerxdr2-dev because they were the only libraries in Synaptic that looked relevant. Not sure if they are the correct libraries, but still I am stuck on this error. Has anyone run into this error and have a solution? Thanks