compilation of playerc++ and opencv together in terminal

compilation of playerc++ and opencv together in terminal

Badar
hi all,
i need help about compiling playerc++ and opencv program together in terminal. I am finding ways to compile them individually but i am working on mobile robot which require image processing as well so i need both of them together like one program running both the things. so i want a way to do that....
compiling somewhere other than terminal is also required but want to focus on doing it using terminal.
regards,
Badar.

Re: compilation of playerc++ and opencv together in terminal

Rich Mattes-2
On 01/28/2013 06:04 PM, Badar wrote:

> hi all,
> i need help about compiling playerc++ and opencv program together in
> terminal. I am finding ways to compile them individually but i am working on
> mobile robot which require image processing as well so i need both of them
> together like one program running both the things. so i want a way to do
> that....
> compiling somewhere other than terminal is also required but want to focus
> on doing it using terminal.
> regards,
> Badar.

What exactly are you trying to do?

If you're trying to build a Player client that also uses OpenCV, you
just have to make sure your makefiles link against both libplayerc++ and
OpenCV.

If you're trying to use the PlayerClient to get camera images from the
Player camera interface, and you want to manipulate them with OpenCV,
you need to figure out how to convert the playerc++ camera info into the
OpenCV format.  I wrote a function at one point to copy an image from
libplayerc++'s CameraProxy to an IplImage, I can dig it up if needed.