compilation error (gazebo 0.10.0)

Ugo Cupcic-2
Hi,

I'm trying to install the new gazebo 0.10.0 (I already have the 0.9 working on
my computer under ubuntu 9.10), but I got those errors at 93% while running
make. Any idea ?

[ 93%] Building CXX object server/CMakeFiles/gazebo-exec.dir/main.o
Linking CXX executable gazebo
physics/bullet/libgazebo_physics_bullet.so: undefined reference to
`btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3 const&, double)'
physics/bullet/libgazebo_physics_bullet.so: undefined reference to
`btRigidBody::setMassProps(double, btVector3 const&)'
physics/bullet/libgazebo_physics_bullet.so: undefined reference to
`btRigidBody::setDamping(double, double)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [server/gazebo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [server/CMakeFiles/gazebo-exec.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Cheers,

Ugo

Re: compilation error (gazebo 0.10.0)

John Hsu-2
Hi,
Looks like Gazebo did not find bullet libraries during linking.  Make sure
libBulletCollision.so
libBulletDynamics.so
libLinearMath.so
libBulletSoftBody.so
exists and the variables
   - 'bullet_library_dirs' contains list of path(s) to the bullet libraries,
and
   - 'bullet_libraries' contains all the necessary linker flags
John

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 4:04 AM, Ugo Cupcic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install the new gazebo 0.10.0 (I already have the 0.9 working
> on
> my computer under ubuntu 9.10), but I got those errors at 93% while running
> make. Any idea ?
>
> [ 93%] Building CXX object server/CMakeFiles/gazebo-exec.dir/main.o
> Linking CXX executable gazebo
> physics/bullet/libgazebo_physics_bullet.so: undefined reference to
> `btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3 const&, double)'
> physics/bullet/libgazebo_physics_bullet.so: undefined reference to
> `btRigidBody::setMassProps(double, btVector3 const&)'
> physics/bullet/libgazebo_physics_bullet.so: undefined reference to
> `btRigidBody::setDamping(double, double)'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [server/gazebo] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [server/CMakeFiles/gazebo-exec.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> Cheers,
>
> Ugo

Re: compilation error (gazebo 0.10.0)

Ugo Cupcic-2

Thanks for your answer, but it's still not working.

I checked that the .so are there.

Here is the content of my ccmake for the bullet libs:
 bullet_cflags                    -DBT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION -
DBT_EULER_DEFAULT_ZYX
 bullet_collision_dirs            /usr/local/include/BulletCollision
 bullet_collision_library         /usr/local/lib/libBulletCollision.so
 bullet_dynamics_dirs             /usr/local/include/BulletDynamics
 bullet_dynamics_library          /usr/local/lib/libBulletDynamics.so
 bullet_include_dir               /usr/local/include
 bullet_math_dirs                 /usr/local/include/LinearMath
 bullet_math_library              /usr/local/lib/libLinearMath.so
 bullet_softbody_dirs             /usr/local/include/BulletSoftBody
 bullet_softbody_library          /usr/local/lib/libBulletSoftBody.so

Am I doing something wrong ?

Cheers,

Ugo

>------------------------------
>
>Hi,
>Looks like Gazebo did not find bullet libraries during linking.  Make sure
>libBulletCollision.so
>libBulletDynamics.so
>libLinearMath.so
>libBulletSoftBody.so
>exists and the variables
>   - 'bullet_library_dirs' contains list of path(s) to the bullet libraries,
>and
>   - 'bullet_libraries' contains all the necessary linker flags
>John
>
>On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 4:04 AM, Ugo Cupcic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to install the new gazebo 0.10.0 (I already have the 0.9 working
>> on
>> my computer under ubuntu 9.10), but I got those errors at 93% while running
>> make. Any idea ?
>>
>> [ 93%] Building CXX object server/CMakeFiles/gazebo-exec.dir/main.o
>> Linking CXX executable gazebo
>> physics/bullet/libgazebo_physics_bullet.so: undefined reference to
>> `btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3 const&, double)'
>> physics/bullet/libgazebo_physics_bullet.so: undefined reference to
>> `btRigidBody::setMassProps(double, btVector3 const&)'
>> physics/bullet/libgazebo_physics_bullet.so: undefined reference to
>> `btRigidBody::setDamping(double, double)'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[2]: *** [server/gazebo] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [server/CMakeFiles/gazebo-exec.dir/all] Error 2
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ugo

Re: compilation error (gazebo 0.10.0)

Jason Allen-5
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answer, but it's still not working.
>
> I checked that the .so are there.
>
> Here is the content of my ccmake for the bullet libs:
>  bullet_cflags                    -DBT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION -
> DBT_EULER_DEFAULT_ZYX
>  bullet_collision_dirs            /usr/local/include/BulletCollision
>  bullet_collision_library         /usr/local/lib/libBulletCollision.so
>  bullet_dynamics_dirs             /usr/local/include/BulletDynamics
>  bullet_dynamics_library          /usr/local/lib/libBulletDynamics.so
>  bullet_include_dir               /usr/local/include
>  bullet_math_dirs                 /usr/local/include/LinearMath
>  bullet_math_library              /usr/local/lib/libLinearMath.so
>  bullet_softbody_dirs             /usr/local/include/BulletSoftBody
>  bullet_softbody_library          /usr/local/lib/libBulletSoftBody.so
>
> Am I doing something wrong ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ugo

Hello Ugo,

Have you confirmed that the Bullet physics library was successfully
installed?

Regards,
J. C. Allen

Re: compilation error (gazebo 0.10.0)

Scott Biddlestone-2
Hi Ugo,

Did you try recompiling bullet with -DBT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION set?

See http://www.mail-archive.com/playerstage-gazebo@.../msg02223.html.

To check if this is the problem you can run:

nm --dynamic --demangle /usr/local/lib/libBulletCollision.so | grep
"btStaticPlaneShape("

If the constructor is set to float and not double, recompiling bullet
with double precision should fix it.  This looks like a bullet bug.
The btRigidBody symbols are in libBulletDynamics.so if you want to
check those as well.

-Scott

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Ugo Cupcic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answer, but it's still not working.
>
> I checked that the .so are there.
>
> Here is the content of my ccmake for the bullet libs:
>  bullet_cflags                    -DBT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION -
> DBT_EULER_DEFAULT_ZYX
>  bullet_collision_dirs            /usr/local/include/BulletCollision
>  bullet_collision_library         /usr/local/lib/libBulletCollision.so
>  bullet_dynamics_dirs             /usr/local/include/BulletDynamics
>  bullet_dynamics_library          /usr/local/lib/libBulletDynamics.so
>  bullet_include_dir               /usr/local/include
>  bullet_math_dirs                 /usr/local/include/LinearMath
>  bullet_math_library              /usr/local/lib/libLinearMath.so
>  bullet_softbody_dirs             /usr/local/include/BulletSoftBody
>  bullet_softbody_library          /usr/local/lib/libBulletSoftBody.so
>
> Am I doing something wrong ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ugo
>

>>------------------------------
>>
>>Hi,
>>Looks like Gazebo did not find bullet libraries during linking.  Make sure
>>libBulletCollision.so
>>libBulletDynamics.so
>>libLinearMath.so
>>libBulletSoftBody.so
>>exists and the variables
>>   - 'bullet_library_dirs' contains list of path(s) to the bullet libraries,
>>and
>>   - 'bullet_libraries' contains all the necessary linker flags
>>John
>>
>>On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 4:04 AM, Ugo Cupcic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to install the new gazebo 0.10.0 (I already have the 0.9 working
>>> on
>>> my computer under ubuntu 9.10), but I got those errors at 93% while running
>>> make. Any idea ?
>>>
>>> [ 93%] Building CXX object server/CMakeFiles/gazebo-exec.dir/main.o
>>> Linking CXX executable gazebo
>>> physics/bullet/libgazebo_physics_bullet.so: undefined reference to
>>> `btStaticPlaneShape::btStaticPlaneShape(btVector3 const&, double)'
>>> physics/bullet/libgazebo_physics_bullet.so: undefined reference to
>>> `btRigidBody::setMassProps(double, btVector3 const&)'
>>> physics/bullet/libgazebo_physics_bullet.so: undefined reference to
>>> `btRigidBody::setDamping(double, double)'
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> make[2]: *** [server/gazebo] Error 1
>>> make[1]: *** [server/CMakeFiles/gazebo-exec.dir/all] Error 2
>>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Ugo

Re: compilation error (gazebo 0.10.0)

Ugo Cupcic-2

First of all, thanks a lot for your answers. Compiling bullet with -
DBT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION did solve my problem. Gazebo compiled.

However I have a new problem now :  I can only run the simpleshapes.world
example. When I run gazebo with other examples (tried lots of them)  it
crashes (seg fault). The gdb backtraces are different depending on which
example I run it. Here is one of the backtrace in gdb (the one for my model):

###
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/gazebo shadowhand.world
Gazebo multi-robot simulator, version 0.10.0

Part of the Player/Stage Project [http://playerstage.sourceforge.net].
Copyright (C) 2003 Nate Koenig, Andrew Howard, and contributors.
Released under the GNU General Public License.

[/home/ugo/Projects/Simulator/Gazebo/gazebo-0.10.0/server/GazeboConfig.cc:103]
  Gazebo Path[/usr/local/share/gazebo]
[/home/ugo/Projects/Simulator/Gazebo/gazebo-0.10.0/server/GazeboConfig.cc:115]
  Ogre Path[/usr/local/lib/OGRE]
directory [/tmp/gazebo-ugo-0] already exists (previous crash?)
but the owner gazebo server (pid=12121) is not running.
deleting the old information of the directory [/tmp/gazebo-ugo-0]
[/home/ugo/Projects/Simulator/Gazebo/gazebo-0.10.0/server/sensors/Sensor.cc:155]
  cam1_sensor sensor has no controller.

ODE Message 2: inertia must be positive definite in dMassCheck() File mass.cpp
Line 53

0xb6bf5a49 in gazebo::Vector3::Set(double, double, double) () from
/usr/local/lib/libgazebo_server.so.0.10.0
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0xb6bf5a49 in gazebo::Vector3::Set(double, double, double) ()
   from /usr/local/lib/libgazebo_server.so.0.10.0
#1  0xb656598b in gazebo::ODEGeom::GetBoundingBox(gazebo::Vector3&,
gazebo::Vector3&) const ()
   from /usr/local/lib/libgazebo_physics_ode.so
#2  0xbfd80000 in ?? ()
######

Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Ugo

>Hi Ugo,
>
>Did you try recompiling bullet with -DBT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION set?
>
>See http://www.mail-archive.com/playerstage-gazebo@li.../msg02223.html.
>
>To check if this is the problem you can run:
>
>nm --dynamic --demangle /usr/local/lib/libBulletCollision.so | grep
>"btStaticPlaneShape("
>
>If the constructor is set to float and not double, recompiling bullet
>with double precision should fix it. This looks like a bullet bug.
>The btRigidBody symbols are in libBulletDynamics.so if you want to
>check those as well.
>
>-Scott
>
>On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Ugo Cupcic <ugo@sh...> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for your answer, but it's still not working.
>>
>> I checked that the .so are there.
>>
>> Here is the content of my ccmake for the bullet libs:
>>  bullet_cflags                    -DBT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION -
>> DBT_EULER_DEFAULT_ZYX
>>  bullet_collision_dirs            /usr/local/include/BulletCollision
>>  bullet_collision_library         /usr/local/lib/libBulletCollision.so
>>  bullet_dynamics_dirs             /usr/local/include/BulletDynamics
>>  bullet_dynamics_library          /usr/local/lib/libBulletDynamics.so
>>  bullet_include_dir               /usr/local/include
>>  bullet_math_dirs                 /usr/local/include/LinearMath
>>  bullet_math_library              /usr/local/lib/libLinearMath.so
>>  bullet_softbody_dirs             /usr/local/include/BulletSoftBody
>>  bullet_softbody_library          /usr/local/lib/libBulletSoftBody.so
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ugo
>>

>>>------------------------------
>>>
>>>Hi,
>>>Looks like Gazebo did not find bullet libraries during linking.  Make sure
>>>libBulletCollision.so
>>>libBulletDynamics.so
>>>libLinearMath.so
>>>libBulletSoftBody.so
>>>exists and the variables
>>>   - 'bullet_library_dirs' contains list of path(s) to the bullet
>>>libraries,
>>>and
>>>   - 'bullet_libraries' contains all the necessary linker flags
>>>John

Re: compilation error (gazebo 0.10.0)

Ugo Cupcic-2
Hi,

I found a way to solve my problem: I recompiled ODE without double precision.
Now it seems to be working for most of the examples.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,

Ugo