black screen gazebo

tejera
Hello everyone,

I'm a student who is working in a robot project and I have already installed player 3.0.0, stage 3.2.0 and gazebo 0.10.0(ode 0.11.1 and ogre 1.7.1) in ubuntu 9.04 without any errors but I have a problem when I run gazebo. The program starts correctly an example .world without errors but the GUI don't show anything. This two screenshots shows what's happen:

In the second screenshot, you can see that when I split the window, the program shows something...but the quality is poor and when I move the window the image "disappear".

I have already checked that I have the 3d accelerator working with glxgears and it works correctly. I don't know what I can do because I am a beginner with Linux.

Thanks for all the replies.

Re: black screen gazebo

John Hsu-2
Hi,
what os, graphics card and graphics card driver are you using?  Can you also
attach your Ogre.log?
thanks,
John

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:17 PM, tejera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm a student who is working in a robot project and I have already
> installed
> player 3.0.0, stage 3.2.0 and gazebo 0.10.0(ode 0.11.1 and ogre 1.7.1) in
> ubuntu 9.04 without any errors but I have a problem when I run gazebo. The
> program starts correctly an example .world without errors but the GUI don't
> show anything. This two screenshots shows what's happen:
>
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p29158621/Pantallazo.jpeg
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p29158621/Pantallazo-1.jpeg
>
> In the second screenshot, you can see that when I split the window, the
> program shows something...but the quality is poor and when I move the
> window
> the image "disappear".
>
> I have already checked that I have the 3d accelerator working with glxgears
> and it works correctly. I don't know what I can do because I am a beginner
> with Linux.
>

> Thanks for all the replies.

Re: black screen gazebo

tejera
Hello John,

Thank you for your reply but I have already solved the problem. The problem was that the graphic card that is not supported for OGRE because OGRE supports ATI and Nvidia but my graphic card is Intel.

Thanks for your attention.