X_CreateGC: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 0x4800002

X_CreateGC: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 0x4800002

Qiang
I am a newbie in Gazebo, now I am using version 0.10.0.
the Gazebo has been build and install in Ubuntu 9.10.
But when I run the example

gazebo /usr/local/share/gazebo/worlds/pioneer2dx.world

there are some errors hint, any advice is welcome!

Gazebo multi-robot simulator, version 0.10.0

Part of the Player/Stage Project [http://playerstage.sourceforge.net].
Copyright (C) 2003 Nate Koenig, Andrew Howard, and contributors.
Released under the GNU General Public License.

[/home/qli/local/gazebo-0.10.0/server/GazeboConfig.cc:103]
  Gazebo Path[/usr/local/share/gazebo]
[/home/qli/local/gazebo-0.10.0/server/GazeboConfig.cc:115]
  Ogre Path[/usr/local/lib/OGRE]
X_CreateGC: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 0x4800002
directory [/tmp/gazebo-qli-0] already exists (previous crash?)
but the owner gazebo server (pid=3858) is not running.
deleting the old information of the directory [/tmp/gazebo-qli-0]
Error Loading Gazebo
/home/qli/local/gazebo-0.10.0/server/Simulator.cc:235 : Exception: Failed to load the World
/home/qli/local/gazebo-0.10.0/server/World.cc:207 : Exception: Unable to create physics engine

deleting /tmp/gazebo-qli-0/graphics3d.default
Segmentation fault

Qiang Li

Re: X_CreateGC: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 0x4800002

Alisson Azzolini
Hi, Qiang,

I also am a starter at Gazebo, but I had the same problem as you when I
first compiled it. Wheter world I tryed to load, I would get this message:

/home/qli/local/gazebo-0.10.0/
server/World.cc:207 : Exception: Unable to create physics engine

I noticed that this was because the gazebo_physics_ode shared library had
not been built. This happend because the first time I used "cmake", the ODE
library was not installed. After installing ODE, I got to compile gazebo,
but somehow it still didnt build the physics_ode library.

In order to get it working, I had to delete the file CMakeCache.txt, inside
the build directory, and then run cmake again.

good luck :)

Alisson

On 9 March 2010 08:15, Qiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am a newbie in Gazebo, now I am using version 0.10.0.
> the Gazebo has been build and install in Ubuntu 9.10.
> But when I run the example
>
> gazebo /usr/local/share/gazebo/worlds/pioneer2dx.world
>
> there are some errors hint, any advice is welcome!
>

> Gazebo multi-robot simulator, version 0.10.0
>
> Part of the Player/Stage Project [http://playerstage.sourceforge.net].
> Copyright (C) 2003 Nate Koenig, Andrew Howard, and contributors.
> Released under the GNU General Public License.
>
> [/home/qli/local/gazebo-0.10.0/server/GazeboConfig.cc:103]
>  Gazebo Path[/usr/local/share/gazebo]
> [/home/qli/local/gazebo-0.10.0/server/GazeboConfig.cc:115]
>  Ogre Path[/usr/local/lib/OGRE]
> X_CreateGC: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 0x4800002
> directory [/tmp/gazebo-qli-0] already exists (previous crash?)
> but the owner gazebo server (pid=3858) is not running.
> deleting the old information of the directory [/tmp/gazebo-qli-0]
> Error Loading Gazebo
> /home/qli/local/gazebo-0.10.0/server/Simulator.cc:235 : Exception: Failed
> load the World
> /home/qli/local/gazebo-0.10.0/server/World.cc:207 : Exception: Unable to
> create physics engine
>

> deleting /tmp/gazebo-qli-0/graphics3d.default
> Segmentation fault
>

> Qiang Li

Re: X_CreateGC: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 0x4800002

Qiang
Oh, thank you Alisson
I will try it.

Best