Write a client application on iPAQ

Yao Jing
Hi,

My name is Jing. I'm writing a client program for a iPAQ 5450 for a school
project.

I've read some previous mails on similar projects. I decided to install
LINUX on my iPAQ and develop the application on top of that. But I still
have a few question. Please help.

1) I'm not very familiar with Linux, and new to Linux for PDA. I know that
Player clients has been make on iPAQ with Linux. May I know which
distribution of Linux did you use? What is the model of the iPAQ?

2) Could I have some details of the tool chain used, name, version?

3) Please also let me know if anyone wrote a client on Win CE.

Thank you very much.
Jing

Re: Write a client application on iPAQ

Radu Bogdan Rusu-2

Yao Jing wrote:

> 3) Please also let me know if anyone wrote a client on Win CE.

If you can run Java on your IPAQ, you could use the Javaclient package
available at http://java-player.sf.net

> Thank you very much.
> Jing

Yours sincerely,
Radu Bogdan Rusu

smime.p7s (8K) Download Attachment

Re: Write a client application on iPAQ

Yao Jing

>>3) Please also let me know if anyone wrote a client on Win CE.
>
>If you can run Java on your IPAQ, you could use the Javaclient package
>available at http://java-player.sf.net

Thank you for your reply. I noticed that Java client is build on JDK 1.5.1.
I'm using a h5450 running Pocket PC 2002. I did some research online, but I
counld not find a JVM on Pocket PC 2002 based on JDK 1.5.1. They are either
based on JDK version earlier or only support PPC 2003 2nd edition onwards.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 10:34:21PM +0800, Yao Jing wrote:

> >>3) Please also let me know if anyone wrote a client on Win CE.
> >
> >If you can run Java on your IPAQ, you could use the Javaclient package
> >available at http://java-player.sf.net
> >

> Thank you for your reply. I noticed that Java client is build on JDK 1.5.1.
> I'm using a h5450 running Pocket PC 2002. I did some research online, but I
> counld not find a JVM on Pocket PC 2002 based on JDK 1.5.1. They are either
> based on JDK version earlier or only support PPC 2003 2nd edition onwards.

Basically, try using *any* JVM that works, and then I can help you to
compile Javaclient on it. E-mail at [hidden email] after
you install the JVM.

> Jing

Cheers,
Radu.