Viewing the Simpsons Neighborhood... in Gazebo

Viewing the Simpsons Neighborhood... in Gazebo

gte199t
What started out with excitement has turned into a real head scratcher.

This quake3 world was converted into a .bsp and using the BSPSceneManager, included in a .world file.
http://lvlworld.com/review.php?id=1958

We wanted to check out the advertised benefits of the BSP SM but on all but one machine we cannot get the world to run at anything over 2 FPS.

We've tried every machine we could get access to, but the "winning" machine which can run the world at 15FPS is actually a laptop.

Can anyone else try this out and post their experience?

Re: Viewing the Simpsons Neighborhood... in Gazebo

I haven't done too much work optimizing the BSP scene loader. It's
currently pretty elementary. I would recommend reading some the Ogre
documentation and their forms to find out a good way to use BSP.
-nate