Viewing Camera output in Gazebo

smonckton
I'm sure there is a trivial answer to this... how do you set up a camera on a moving body and see the output in a Gazebo frame (and not player)?

Simon Monckton

Defence Research and Development Canada Suffield | Recherche et développement pour la défense Canada Suffield

Medicine Hat, AB, Canada T1A 8K6

[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Telephone |Téléphone 403-544-4724 / Facsimile | Télécopieur 403-544-4704

Re: Viewing Camera output in Gazebo

Take a look at the pioneer2dx_camera.world. It has a camera mounted on a robot.

-nate

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Monckton, Simon
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm sure there is a trivial answer to this... how do you set up a camera on a moving body and see the output in a Gazebo frame (and not player)?

> Simon Monckton
>
> Defence Research and Development Canada Suffield | Recherche et développement pour la défense Canada Suffield
>
> Medicine Hat, AB, Canada T1A 8K6
>
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> Telephone |Téléphone 403-544-4724 / Facsimile | Télécopieur 403-544-4704
>
> Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

Re: Viewing Camera output in Gazebo

gte199t
If I understand the question, I don't think this is "trivial" anymore.  What you may be asking for is a "robot view" which I don't think exists in the newer versions of Gazebo.  I'm using an older 0.8 family svn release but I think ObserverCam is all that Gazebo now provides.  There used to be playercam and playerv like tools in 0.7.

So following Nate's suggestion, adding a camera to the robot (as you would have to for a hardware robot) and then using playercam is the only way I've seen to accomplish the task of seeing what the robot sees...

gtgt

smonckton wrote