Using the StageTime class

Adam Ray
I would like for my robots to get and print out the simulation time
(wallclock, not computer time) at multiple times during a simulation.  I
see the StageTime class, and I assume an object of this class is
declared during the Stage initialization.  If so, how do I access this
object?
If I must create a StageTime object in my control program, what is the
const char* directory?
I'm using player-1.6.4 and stage-1.6.2

thanks so much!

Re: Using the StageTime class

Richard vaughan

On 28-Sep-05, at 12:38 PM, Adam Ray wrote:

> I would like for my robots to get and print out the simulation time
> (wallclock, not computer time) at multiple times during a
> simulation.  I
> see the StageTime class, and I assume an object of this class is
> declared during the Stage initialization.  If so, how do I access this
> object?
> If I must create a StageTime object in my control program, what is the
> const char* directory?
> I'm using player-1.6.4 and stage-1.6.2

StageTime is an object in Player that can not be accessed externally
by a Player client.

Instead, Player puts the current time in each data packet it sends -
you can read this. Most of the client libraries have a call that will
give you the most recent timestamp.

Richard/