Using SaveFrame method of CameraProxy

yannis-4
Hi there,

I just tried using the SaveFrame method of CameraProxy in order to
save the captured image (?).  Everytime this method is called it saves
a file with extension jpg, but none of the image viewing programs I
tried were able to read these. Gimp's error massege informs that the
file starts with unexpected values (wrong header?)

Can you please let me know what is the format of the saved files? is
it jpg or something else? If they miss the header then I suppose I can
add an appropriate header.

Thank you
Yannis

Re: Using SaveFrame method of CameraProxy

Brian Gerkey

On Sep 15, 2005, at 12:49 PM, Yannis wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I just tried using the SaveFrame method of CameraProxy in order to
> save the captured image (?).  Everytime this method is called it saves
> a file with extension jpg, but none of the image viewing programs I
> tried were able to read these. Gimp's error massege informs that the
> file starts with unexpected values (wrong header?)
>
> Can you please let me know what is the format of the saved files? is
> it jpg or something else? If they miss the header then I suppose I can
> add an appropriate header.

 From the code, it looks like SaveFrame is just writing the raw image to
a file with the extension .jpg.  This would only work if the image sent
by the server really is JPEG-compressed.  You might be saving a raw RGB
(or BGR or whatever) uncompressed image, with no header.  Try the
cameracompress  driver on the server side to JPEG-compress the image
before sending it to your client.

        brian.