Ubuntu Karmic packages

Toby Collett-10
Hi all,
I have been preparing updated debian packages ahead of what looks to be
releases of all three parts of the player project in the next month or two.
You can find deb packages for Ubuntu Karmic built from latest svn of player,
stage and gazebo at https://launchpad.net/~thjc/+archive/ppa. . These will
probably also work with debian experimental. If anyone wants to try them out
some feedback would be appreciated.

The player and stage packages could probably be built against other
debian/ubuntu releases but the Gazebo one has many dependencies that would
make it difficult to backport.

Toby
--
This email is intended for the addressee only and may contain privileged
and/or confidential information

Re: Ubuntu Karmic packages

Ali Moreno-2
Toby Collett <thjc <at> plan9.net.nz> writes:

Hi Toby, greetings from Venezuela.

> Hi all,I have been preparing updated debian packages ahead of what looks to be
releases of all three parts of the player project in the next month or two. You
can find deb packages for Ubuntu Karmic built from latest svn of player, stage
and gazebo at https://launchpad.net/~thjc/+archive/ppa. . These will probably
also work with debian experimental.

I want to test them in a Debian 5.0 (Lenny), please can you send me a lin with
the .deb files?

Thank you!

If anyone wants to try them out some feedback would be appreciated.The player
and stage packages could probably be built against other debian/ubuntu releases
but the Gazebo one has many dependencies that would make it difficult to
backport.Toby-- This email is intended for the addressee only and may contain
privileged and/or confidential information

Re: Ubuntu Karmic packages

Toby Collett-3
You can download the deb from the link I provided

https://launchpad.net/~thjc/+archive/ppa

just click on view package details and you should be able to find
them. Also debian source packages available from there if you need to
rebuilt for your distribution.

Toby

On 26 July 2010 17:16, Ali Moreno <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Toby Collett <thjc <at> plan9.net.nz> writes:
>

> Hi Toby, greetings from Venezuela.
>

>> Hi all,I have been preparing updated debian packages ahead of what looks to be
> releases of all three parts of the player project in the next month or two. You
> can find deb packages for Ubuntu Karmic built from latest svn of player, stage
> and gazebo at https://launchpad.net/~thjc/+archive/ppa. . These will probably
> also work with debian experimental.
>
> I want to test them in a Debian 5.0 (Lenny), please can you send me a lin with
> the .deb files?
>

> Thank you!
>
> If anyone wants to try them out some feedback would be appreciated.The player
> and stage packages could probably be built against other debian/ubuntu releases
> but the Gazebo one has many dependencies that would make it difficult to
> backport.Toby-- This email is intended for the addressee only and may contain
> privileged and/or confidential information

Re: Ubuntu Karmic packages

Smit, A, Mnr <allasmit@sun.ac.za>
Hi Toby

I installed gazebo from you repository, but when I try to run gazebo I get this error:

[/build/buildd/gazebo-0.10.0/server/GazeboConfig.cc:124]
  Unable to find the file ~/.gazeborc. Using default paths. This may cause OGRE to fail.
X_CreateGC: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 0x4400002
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Ogre::InvalidParametersException'
  what():  OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Sky dome material 'Gazebo/CloudySky' not found. in SceneManager::setSkyDome at OgreSceneManager.cpp (line 1801)
Aborted

Ogre 1.6.4 is also installed from the repo. What can be the problem?

Re: Ubuntu Karmic packages

Rich Mattes-2
  What does your ~/.gazeborc file look like?  If you didn't install
gazebo to /usr or /usr/local, you might need to specify the gazebo
plugin paths manually

Rich

On 07/30/2010 08:59 AM, Smit, A, Mnr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Toby
>
> I installed gazebo from you repository, but when I try to run gazebo I get this error:
>
> [/build/buildd/gazebo-0.10.0/server/GazeboConfig.cc:124]
>    Unable to find the file ~/.gazeborc. Using default paths. This may cause OGRE to fail.
> X_CreateGC: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 0x4400002
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Ogre::InvalidParametersException'
>    what():  OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Sky dome material 'Gazebo/CloudySky' not found. in SceneManager::setSkyDome at OgreSceneManager.cpp (line 1801)
> Aborted
>
> Ogre 1.6.4 is also installed from the repo. What can be the problem?

Gazebo is installed to /usr. I installed a .deb package from Toby's repo because I couldn't get the SVN version installed. There is no file named gazeborc on my system. I can run gazebo but then it closes immediately and gives the error.

John Hsu-2
Hi Smit,
the BadDrawable error seems to indicate you have incompatible graphics card
or graphics card driver, what os/graphics card/driver are you using?  Please
see this page <http://www.ros.org/wiki/simulator_gazebo/SystemRequirements>for
some user feedbacks on what runs gazebo and what does not.
thanks,
John

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Smit, A, Mnr <[hidden email]> <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Toby
>
> I installed gazebo from you repository, but when I try to run gazebo I get
> this error:
>
> [/build/buildd/gazebo-0.10.0/server/GazeboConfig.cc:124]
>  Unable to find the file ~/.gazeborc. Using default paths. This may cause
> OGRE to fail.
> X_CreateGC: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 0x4400002
> 'Ogre::InvalidParametersException'
>  what():  OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Sky dome material
> 'Gazebo/CloudySky' not found. in SceneManager::setSkyDome at
> OgreSceneManager.cpp (line 1801)
> Aborted
>
> Ogre 1.6.4 is also installed from the repo. What can be the problem?

Ok, that makes sense. I am actually running Ubuntu in a virtual machine on a Windows host and I can't turn the 3D acceleration in the VM on. If I do, Ubuntu freezes. I have Intel graphics media accelerator driver.