Truth interface

Cameron Stone-2
I noticed this in the release notes in svn. Has someone got a partial or full
implementation going? I'd very much like to have access to the true gazebo
pose to use in my experimental results.

Failing that, can someone point me to where/how to start implementing this
myself.

Cameron.

Re: Truth interface

Nate Koenig-4
Hello,

A truth interface is deprecated in PSG.  Instead, use the simulation
interface to request the pose of objects in the world.

-nate

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Cameron Stone
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I noticed this in the release notes in svn. Has someone got a partial or full
> implementation going? I'd very much like to have access to the true gazebo
> pose to use in my experimental results.
>
> Failing that, can someone point me to where/how to start implementing this
> myself.
>
> Cameron.

Re: Truth interface

Cameron Stone-2
On Wednesday 3 September 2008 11:55:18 pm Nate Koenig wrote:
> A truth interface is deprecated in PSG.  Instead, use the simulation
> interface to request the pose of objects in the world.

Can you confirm a few things here:

1) this is available through player
2) this is separate to the gazebo position interface(s)

Also, can this be exposed through player as a position interface using a
suitable configuration?

Thanks,
        Cameron.

Re: Truth interface

Nate Koenig-4
Hello,

The simulation interface is available through player.
The simulation interface is separate from the position interface(s).
The simulation interface cannot be exposed as a position interface.
They are separate, and should remain so.

-nate