Quantcast

The amazing blobfinder!

GughanK
Hi everyone,

What I am trying to do is a slight modification of Jennifer Owen's tutorial example of an obstacle avoiding/destroying-blobfinding robot. In her example, she coded Bigbob's blobfinder to search for two colours.

(taken from bigbob.inc-> http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~jowen/player/playerstage-tutorial-manual.pdf)
# bigbob's blobfinder
define bigbobs_eyes blobfinder
(
# number of colours to look for
colors_count 2
# which colours to look for
colors ["orange" "DarkBlue"]
)

This is linked to the controlling code (bigbob.cc) via the BlobfinderProxy.

I want to create two robots to each detect a specific colour i.e
Bigbob1 -> Detect DarkBlue
Bigbob2 -> Detect orange

Q1. How do I change the bigbob.inc file to reflect the change?

1.1 Do I do something like

define bigbobs_eyes1 blobfinder
(...orange...)
define bigbobs_eyes2 blobfinder
(...DarkBlue...)

in the same .inc file?

1.2 Or do i create a separate .inc file for each robot with everything the same except one detects orange and the other blobfinder detects darkblue?
     - This seems like an additional and unnecessary step similar to creating a totally new robot.

Q2. How do I link the above change to the .cc file ( bigbob1.cc and bigbob2.cc) & bigbob.cfg file

2.1 I'm guessing I change the ports used for each robot in the bigbob.cfg file to

driver( name "stage"
provides ["6665:position2d:0" "6665:sonar:0"
"6665:blobfinder:0" "6665:laser:0"]
model "bob1" )

driver( name "stage"
provides ["6666:position2d:0" "6666:sonar:0"
"6666:blobfinder:0" "6666:laser:0"]
model "bob2" )

and change accordingly in the respective bigbob.cc files.

Yup that's it. I hope my explanation is clear and that my attempts at answering my own questions are meant to show my thought processes. Would greatly greatly appreciate if any kinds souls could enlighten me. Thanks in advance!

Regards
Gughan
NUS