Submitting Drivers to Player

Cameron Frazier
Hello everyone,

Is there a preferred procedure for submitting drivers to Player? In
order to do some testing I've created a SICK LMS111 driver, based on an
older LMS100 driver I found.  It should work with both the LMS100 and
LMS111 as they are the same device, with the LMS111 being rated for
exterior usage.  I'd like to submit my work to the community but I'd
also like to ensure that it is up to snuff, quality wise.

Thanks

Cameron

Re: Submitting Drivers to Player

Rich Mattes-2
On 01/27/2012 01:19 PM, Cameron Frazier wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Is there a preferred procedure for submitting drivers to Player? In
> order to do some testing I've created a SICK LMS111 driver, based on an
> older LMS100 driver I found.  It should work with both the LMS100 and
> LMS111 as they are the same device, with the LMS111 being rated for
> exterior usage.  I'd like to submit my work to the community but I'd
> also like to ensure that it is up to snuff, quality wise.
>
> Thanks
>
> Cameron

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for your interest!  We actually do have a few guidelines for
patch submission.  Details on how to contribute to the project are
spelled out on the Contributing[1] page on the Player wiki.  Basically,
we prefer patches that apply cleanly to the SVN trunk, but a tarball
full of the new driver code is just fine as long as it builds properly.
You can submit your patches and drivers to the patch tracker[2] on
SourceForge.

Rich

[1] http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/wiki/Contributing
[2] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=42445&atid=433166
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=42445&atid=433166>

Re: Submitting Drivers to Player

Raf Berkvens
Hello Cameron

I'm interested in this LMS100-111 driver you wrote, but I can't find it on the sources mentioned. Could you please mail it to me? Here is my address: rafael [dot] berkvens [at] ieee [dot] org.

Kind regards
Raf Berkvens

Re: Submitting Drivers to Player

Fred Labrosse
On Tuesday 28 February 2012 12:40:55 Raf Berkvens wrote:
> Hello Cameron
>
> I'm interested in this LMS100-111 driver you wrote, but I can't find it on
> the sources mentioned. Could you please mail it to me? Here is my address:
> rafael [dot] berkvens [at] ieee [dot] org.
>
> Kind regards
> Raf Berkvens

I too am interested.  I could test it and submit a patch to have it included
in the tree.

Was that driver ever circulated?  Anyone could send it to me?

Cheers,

Fred