Sick LMS 291 s14 range and reflectivity data (LMS_FAST)

Sick LMS 291 s14 range and reflectivity data (LMS_FAST)

James M Banasiak
Hello,

I was curious to know if anyone has modified the driver to include reflectivity data, if so can someone advise on how to go about modifying the driver..
From what I understand, the LMS 2xx variants with LMS_FAST (s14) support return range and reflectivity data, and the player-3.0.2/server/drivers/laser/sicklms200.cc has no reference to acquire this data..

Great stuff, I appreciate all the work on this project! I hope it continues!!

Thanks,

-Jim

Re: Sick LMS 291 s14 range and reflectivity data (LMS_FAST)

Rich Mattes-2

The sicklms200 driver has support for 3-bit laser intensity built in and
enabled by default, have you tried to see if this is being returned?  If so,
is that sufficient for your needs?  Can you provide a reference to where the
laser intensity support is advertised?

Re: Sick LMS 291 s14 range and reflectivity data (LMS_FAST)

The sicklms200 driver has support for a 3-bit intensity message built in and
enabled by default.  Are there any intensity values coming back in your
measurements?