Running same simulation several times

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Running same simulation several times

Nicola Bellotto
Hi,
is it possible to set up Gazebo to run _exactly_ the same simulation several
times? I knwow in some simulators it's possible to set the seed of the RNG so
to have everytime the same data: is there anything similar in Gazebo?
Thanks
Nicola

--
------------------------------------------
Nicola Bellotto
University of Essex
Department of Computer Science
Wivenhoe Park
Colchester CO4 3SQ
United Kingdom

Room: 1N1.2.8
Tel. +44 (0)1206 874094
E-Mail: [hidden email]
URL: http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~nbello
------------------------------------------


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7637&alloc_id=16865&op=click
_______________________________________________
Playerstage-gazebo mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/playerstage-gazebo
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Running same simulation several times

Nate Koenig
Hello,

Have you noticed large changes in the way Gazebo runs over several
iterations? I can't guarantee it will run exactly the same, but there
is also no explicit randomization incorporated into Gazebo. And, I
believe ODE will perform similarly between runs.

-nate

On 12/13/05, Nicola Bellotto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> is it possible to set up Gazebo to run _exactly_ the same simulation several
> times? I knwow in some simulators it's possible to set the seed of the RNG so
> to have everytime the same data: is there anything similar in Gazebo?
> Thanks
> Nicola
>
> --
> ------------------------------------------
> Nicola Bellotto
> University of Essex
> Department of Computer Science
> Wivenhoe Park
> Colchester CO4 3SQ
> United Kingdom
>
> Room: 1N1.2.8
> Tel. +44 (0)1206 874094
> E-Mail: [hidden email]
> URL: http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~nbello
> ------------------------------------------
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
> for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
> searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
> http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7637&alloc_id=16865&op=click
> _______________________________________________
> Playerstage-gazebo mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/playerstage-gazebo
>


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
<a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=click">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=click
_______________________________________________
Playerstage-gazebo mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/playerstage-gazebo
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Running same simulation several times

Nicola Bellotto
On Thursday 15 Dec 2005 19:22, Nate Koenig wrote:
> Have you noticed large changes in the way Gazebo runs over several
> iterations? I can't guarantee it will run exactly the same, but there
> is also no explicit randomization incorporated into Gazebo. And, I
> believe ODE will perform similarly between runs.

Yes, actually every new simulation seems to be different from the previous
one, even if the difference is not that big. For example I have 2 robots, one
of them is wandering with some simple obstacle avoidance (it's an example
program provided with Player) and the paths are always slightly different.
This is correct for a good simulation, and I think an explicit randomization
should be incorporated in Gazebo indeed.

However, for my problem (that is repeating the same simulation several times)
I've just discovered the wonderful "LogProxy" of Player, which does exactly
what I need :)

Cheers
Nicola


>
> -nate
>
> On 12/13/05, Nicola Bellotto <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > is it possible to set up Gazebo to run _exactly_ the same simulation
> > several times? I knwow in some simulators it's possible to set the seed
> > of the RNG so to have everytime the same data: is there anything similar
> > in Gazebo? Thanks
> > Nicola
> >
> > --
> > ------------------------------------------
> > Nicola Bellotto
> > University of Essex
> > Department of Computer Science
> > Wivenhoe Park
> > Colchester CO4 3SQ
> > United Kingdom
> >
> > Room: 1N1.2.8
> > Tel. +44 (0)1206 874094
> > E-Mail: [hidden email]
> > URL: http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~nbello
> > ------------------------------------------
> >
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------
> > This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log
> > files for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that
> > makes searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD
> > SPLUNK! http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7637&alloc_id=16865&op=click
> > _______________________________________________
> > Playerstage-gazebo mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/playerstage-gazebo
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log
> files for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
> searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
> <a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=Click">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=Click
> _______________________________________________
> Playerstage-gazebo mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/playerstage-gazebo

--
------------------------------------------
Nicola Bellotto
University of Essex
Department of Computer Science
Wivenhoe Park
Colchester CO4 3SQ
United Kingdom

Room: 1N1.2.8
Tel. +44 (0)1206 874094
URL: http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~nbello
------------------------------------------


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7637&alloc_id=16865&op=click
_______________________________________________
Playerstage-gazebo mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/playerstage-gazebo