Running Gazebo faster than real time

Jennifer Sheffield
Hello,

I am trying to if Gazebo can accurately run simulations faster than real
time.  I was advised that the older versions of Gazebo had trouble running
simulations faster than real time and gave "funny" results.  Has this issue
been addressed?  Any advice you can give to help run "fast" simulations.

Thanks,

Jennifer Sheffield

Re: Running Gazebo faster than real time

If you're world is complex (lots of modles and/or sensors), then
running faster than real time will be very difficult.

You'll also need a pretty decent PC.

You can try adjusting the <stepTime>. By making this number larger,
ODE will take larger steps. The result will be a faster simulation,
but less accurate and it can lead to instability.

-nate