Removal of GuiFactory and DummyGui classes ?

Removal of GuiFactory and DummyGui classes ?

Renaud Barate
Hello,

I've noticed that GuiFactory and DummyGui classes have been removed in the latest SVN version. They were quite useful, at least for me, to run gazebo in command-line mode. Have they been replaced in some way or did they cause any problem ? I'd be happy to help to fix them if there was a bug somehow.

Thanks,
Renaud

Re: Re moval of GuiFactory and DummyGui classes ?

Nate Koenig-4
Hello,

Yes, I removed them because it was not the ideal way to handle a
headless Gazebo. I'll move this issue to the top of my list.

-nate

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Renaud Barate <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've noticed that GuiFactory and DummyGui classes have been removed in the
> latest SVN version. They were quite useful, at least for me, to run gazebo
> in command-line mode. Have they been replaced in some way or did they cause
> any problem ? I'd be happy to help to fix them if there was a bug somehow.
>
> Thanks,
> Renaud

Re: Re moval of GuiFactory and DummyGui classes ?

Nate Koenig-4
Hello,

You can now run gazebo without a gui by adding a "-g" command line argument:

$ gazebo -g worlds/pioneer2dx.world

-nate

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Nate Koenig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Yes, I removed them because it was not the ideal way to handle a
> headless Gazebo. I'll move this issue to the top of my list.
>
> -nate
>
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Renaud Barate <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've noticed that GuiFactory and DummyGui classes have been removed in the
>> latest SVN version. They were quite useful, at least for me, to run gazebo
>> in command-line mode. Have they been replaced in some way or did they cause
>> any problem ? I'd be happy to help to fix them if there was a bug somehow.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Renaud

Re: Re moval of GuiFactory and DummyGui classes ?

gte199t

Hello Nate.  I just wanted to also add that since there are now problems with
the GuiCam that seem to spill over into other cameras, loading gazebo in
this manner results in any camera being blank.

gt