Quantcast

Re: Problem using AIOProxy

Brian Gerkey

On Sep 5, 2005, at 6:18 AM, Yannis wrote:

> I tried the patch you sent me and it seems to work! I did not connect
> yet anything on the port, since I am waiting for the connector to
> arrive, but the values I read seem reasonable now. However, the manual
> of Pioneer says that there are 6 analog input ports (AN0 .. AN5) while
> the patch reads only one of them (I suppose AN0). Can we make
> something for reading and the other ones? I looked into the code but
> seems it accesses low level so I didn't want to mess it up.

That would take some work.  I never implemented the commands to
select among the analog I/O ports.  Right now, the zeroth one is
always picked.  It would be easy to add, say, a configuration file
option to pick a different one.  But if you want to change it on the
fly, or read from all of them, pretty significant changes would be
required in both the p2os driver and the aio interface.

     brian.

--
Brian Gerkey
[hidden email]