Re: [Playerstage-users] light source

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Playerstage-users] light source

Nate Koenig
Hi Lucas,

You should send Gazebo related questions to the Gazebo mailing list.

Gazebo only supports point lights right now. Try placing the light
source far above your ground plane to simulate a more "sun-like"
affect.

-nate

On 11/15/05, Lucas Martins De Marchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm using gazebo and I don't want a single point light (like model
> LightSource does). What model to use? Or, how can I get a smooth
> ilumination?
>
>
>  Thanks,
>  Lucas
>


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the JBoss Inc.  Get Certified Today
Register for a JBoss Training Course.  Free Certification Exam
for All Training Attendees Through End of 2005. For more info visit:
<a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv28&alloc_id845&op=click">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv28&alloc_id845&op=click
_______________________________________________
Playerstage-gazebo mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/playerstage-gazebo
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: [Playerstage-users] light source

Lucas De Marchi
Ok, but i'm working on an indoor ambient and don't like a "sun-like" affect. I'm using blobcolor to search a specified color (a small pink ball) and with that light i get shaded regions on that ball, so cmvision works wrong. What is the right way to do this?


Thanks again.
Lucas


>Hi Lucas, You should send Gazebo related questions to the Gazebo mailing list. Gazebo only supports point lights right now. Try placing >the light source far above your ground plane to simulate a more "sun-like" affect.

>nate


 On 11/15/05, Lucas Martins De Marchi wrote:
> I'm using gazebo and I don't want a single point light (like model
> LightSource does). What model to use? Or, how can I get a smooth
> ilumination?
>
>
> Thanks,
> Lucas
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Re: [Playerstage-users] light source

Richard vaughan

On 16-Nov-05, at 12:33 PM, Lucas Martins De Marchi wrote:

Ok, but i'm working on an indoor ambient and don't like a "sun-like" affect. I'm using blobcolor to search a specified color (a small pink ball) and with that light i get shaded regions on that ball, so cmvision works wrong. What is the right way to do this?

The right way to do this is to never assume you can get specific absolute values out of a robot sensor of any kind.

Having said that, you should be able to select a color of ball and parameters for CMVision that work quite well. Hey, it's just like using real robots! How about that?

Richard/



Thanks again.
Lucas


>Hi Lucas, You should send Gazebo related questions to the Gazebo mailing list. Gazebo only supports point lights right now. Try placing >the light source far above your ground plane to simulate a more "sun-like" affect.

>nate


 On 11/15/05, Lucas Martins De Marchi wrote:
> I'm using gazebo and I don't want a single point light (like model
> LightSource does). What model to use? Or, how can I get a smooth
> ilumination?
>
>
> Thanks,
> Lucas
>

--

Richard Vaughan

School of Computing Science / Simon Fraser University