Re: Installing PLayer on Windows and using it with the SICK LMS 400

Re: Installing PLayer on Windows and using it with the SICK LMS 400

Jorge Santos Simón
Hello Robert,

Concerning compiling player on windows, I have added some comments to
the canonical "how to" guide available at
http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/wiki/Windows, specially useful if
you need graphic tools like playerv or playernav

Take a look at:

   http://mundorobot.info/software.html

Let me know if you find problems while compiling (I found some of them)

Regards,
Jorge

On 08/16/2011 12:27 PM, Rob Ivaniszyn wrote:

> Hello developers,
>
> My name is Robert Ivaniszyn II and I represent an IT and Engineering
> consultancy by the name of Design Solutions. We are located in
> northern Illinois, and we looking for a bit of help getting play up
> and running.
>
> We have been through the documentation a few times for running player
> on Windows, and we feel as if we are going in circles.
>
> The end hope is to use player in conjunction with the SICK LMS 400
> driver for player in order to apply the LMS to an industrial
> application we have received a project for. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Our main concerns are:
>
> 1. Where can we find the definitive set-up guide for Windows?

The best guide for compiling Player for Windows is at
http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/wiki/Windows

The Sick LMS 400 driver looks like it's currently disabled for Windows,
you may have to edit the driver to get it to work outside of a Linux
environment.

> 2. What parts of player (gazebo, stage, etc) would we need to send
> commands to the LMS 400 and recieve data back?

You'll only need Player.  Stage and Gazebo are both simulators, neither
are necessary if you're only talking to devices.