Problems with examples

adeline
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I just installed SVN gazebo with player 2.1, ogre 1.6 and ode 0.11 on two computers: one with Ubuntu 8.04 32bits and an ATI radeon xpress1100 graphics card with the ATI driver, and the other one with Ubuntu 8.10 64bits and a nVidia GeForce 9800GT graphics card with the nVidia driver.

On both these computers, I encountered two problems when running the examples:

1. All the non-static objects fall through the heighmap (in terrain.world), and it seems that there is an invisible vertical "wall" which I guess is the physical entity of the terrain. I also tried with my own terrain grayscale image with the same results.

2. I am using Player with its graphic interface to command pioneer2dx robots (in pioneer2dx.world and bandit.world for example). Everything works fine with the "default" display mode in the gazebo window. But as soon as I try to display the joints (View->Show joints), every joints in the simulation detach themselves from the robots (I mean from both the visual entities and the bounding boxes) and change place and/or orientation if the robot was not at the location (0, 0). Then, when I move the robots, only the joints move, even if I reverse to the "default" display mode.

Thank you for your help

Adeline

Re: Problems with examples - Bug found

adeline
Hi,

I found a bug which explains the first problem that I mentioned in my previous message. In HeighmapGeom.cc, at the end of the function LoadChild, the function this->body->SetPose is called to rotate the heightfield so Z is up, not Y. But this function does not change the pose of an object which is not placeable, and the heightfield is set non-placeable a few lines above (this->SetGeom(this-goemId, false) ).
The solution that I found is to perform the rotation directly in LoadChild :

dQuaternion q;
q[0] = pose.rot.u;
q[1] = pose.rot.x;
q[2] = pose.rot.y;
q[3] = pose.rot.z;

dGeomSetQuaternion(this->geomId, q);

This solves my first problem completely. But my second problem is still there. If anyone has an idea about that...

Thanks,
Adeline

adeline wrote