Problem in gazebo-0.8-pre3

Andrés Faína Rodrí­guez-Vila
Hello,

I was trying to update the gazebo-0.8-pre1 to the gazebo0.8-pre3 into a
cluster to run batch experiments without a gui. I had to activate the
DRI to work with the gazebo-0.8-pre1. But now, when gazebo calls to the
function glEnable() the program crash. The same compilation works great
in other machines. The video cards of the cluster are ATI ES1000 (rev 02).

Any Ideas?

Re: Problem in gazebo-0.8-pre3

Nate Koenig-4
Hello,

This is interesting, because Gazebo doesn't directly call glEnable.
All opengl calls are generated via OGRE.

What version of Ogre are you running?

Can you provide a backtrace of the crash?

I assume that nothing else has changed on your machines, and
gazebo-0.8-pre1 still compiles and runs?

-nate

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 5:32 AM, Andrés Faína Rodrí­guez-Vila
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was trying to update the gazebo-0.8-pre1 to the gazebo0.8-pre3 into a
> cluster to run batch experiments without a gui. I had to activate the
> DRI to work with the gazebo-0.8-pre1. But now, when gazebo calls to the
> function glEnable() the program crash. The same compilation works great
> in other machines. The video cards of the cluster are ATI ES1000 (rev 02).
>
> Any Ideas?

Re: Problem in gazebo-0.8-pre3

Nate Koenig-4
I just thought of something, which might cause the problem. Could you
open up the SConstruct file in your gazebo sources, and comment out
this line:

optimize_for_cpu(env);

Then try a reinstall, and see if everything works. Let me know if that
fixes the problem.

-nate

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Nate Koenig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is interesting, because Gazebo doesn't directly call glEnable.
> All opengl calls are generated via OGRE.
>
> What version of Ogre are you running?
>
> Can you provide a backtrace of the crash?
>
> I assume that nothing else has changed on your machines, and
> gazebo-0.8-pre1 still compiles and runs?
>
> -nate
>
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 5:32 AM, Andrés Faína Rodrí­guez-Vila
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was trying to update the gazebo-0.8-pre1 to the gazebo0.8-pre3 into a
>> cluster to run batch experiments without a gui. I had to activate the
>> DRI to work with the gazebo-0.8-pre1. But now, when gazebo calls to the
>> function glEnable() the program crash. The same compilation works great
>> in other machines. The video cards of the cluster are ATI ES1000 (rev 02).
>>
>> Any Ideas?

Re: Problem in gazebo-0.8-pre3

Andrés Faína Rodrí­guez-Vila
I probed to comment the line, but it didn't fix the problem.
The older version of gazebo crashed too.
Finally, I updated to the Ogre-1.4.9 and the problem was fixed.

Thanks for the help!