Problem Connection Player and Gazebo

Kefei Zeng

There are two very similar questions in the Gazebo forums, and none of them have answers.

http://answers.gazebosim.org/question/7021/libgazebo_player-cant-connect-player-with-gazebo/

http://answers.gazebosim.org/question/7019/libgazebo_player-failed-to-initialise/

Like the two users above, I've been trying to get Player working with Gazebo using the tutorial here:

http://gazebosim.org/tutorials?tut=player_position&cat=connect_player. The problem is that after I launch the Gazebo .world file, I get the following error messages when I try to run the player .cfg file:

error   : failed to resolve player_driver_init: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgazebo_player.so: undefined symbol: player_driver_init
error   : failed to initialise plugin: libgazebo_player
error   : failed to parse config file /usr/share/player/config/position.cfg driver blocks

I'm using Gazebo 3.1 on Ubuntu 14.04, what kind of changes would I need to make to the player files? Or if I need to install any dependencies? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Problem Connection Player and Gazebo

Rich Mattes-2
On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Kefei Zeng <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I think this is a gazebo bug, see https://bitbucket.org/osrf/gazebo/issue/1279/libgazebo_player-plugin-fail-initialise

I commented on the gazebo bug report with what I think is going on, if I'm right then hopefully they'll get it fixed quickly.

In the meantime, if you are feeling adventurous enough to build Gazebo yourself, you can add GAZEBO_VISIBLE before "void player_driver_init" in interfaces/player/GazeboDriver.cc and things should start working.