Position Reader Failure

Kefei Zeng

I can't remember whether I've sent a similar message before, but I definitely did not see any solutions regarding this issue. I was following along this tutorial (

http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/doc/Player-svn/player/group__libplayerc__example.html) and replaced

playerc_position2d_set_speed with

playerc_position2d_set_cmd_vel as well as making the robot go forward instead of rotating. That part works in both Stage and Gazebo. However, the lines:

    playerc_client_read(client)

printf("position2d : %f %f %f\n",
           position2d->px, position2d->py, position2d->pa);

...failed to work in both Stage and Gazebo. In Stage, I simply got (0,0,0) even as the robot moved forwards. In Gazebo, I got the following message:

[libprotobuf ERROR google/protobuf/message_lite.cc:123] Can't parse message of type "gazebo.msgs.Pose_V" because it is missing required fields: pose[0].position, pose[0].orientation

What's up with playerc_client_read not returning the vehicle's actual position? How can I fix it?