Plugin error with iostream

Jimmy Desai
Hi,

  I'm trying to create a plugin driver for my project.
I was reading through the howto and managed to get
some stuff working. However, I noticed that if I try
to include the iostream header file, player crashes
when trying to load that module. To ascertain that the
problem was not in my code, I tried doing the same
with the exampledriver.cc provided by Player.

  I first tried it with the default code and compiled
it according to the directions in the howto. It worked
perfectly. Then, all I did was just add the line
"include <iostream>", compile and then run it. And it
stopped working. The error I get is the following:

"trying to load
/home/jimmy/arise/player_test/./exampledriver.so...failed
(/home/jimmy/arise/player_test/./exampledriver.so:
undefined symbol: __dso_handle)
trying to load exampledriver.so...failed
(exampledriver.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory)
error   : error loading plugin: (null)
error   : failed to load plugin: exampledriver.so
Segmentation fault"

I'm not sure where the fault lies. My system details
are:

* Debian Etch (64 bit) on AMD64.
* Compiler is: G++ 4.0

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Re: Plugin error with iostream

Ben Grocholsky
Jimmy,

I know the g++ 3.3.5 linker messes this up but libtool works. Don't know about
g++ 4. Would be worth trying the libtool makefile for exampledriver. It could
give you a way around the problem.

Ben

--- Jimmy Desai <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I'm trying to create a plugin driver for my
> project.
> I was reading through the howto and managed to get
> some stuff working. However, I noticed that if I try
> to include the iostream header file, player crashes
> when trying to load that module. To ascertain that
> the
> problem was not in my code, I tried doing the same
> with the exampledriver.cc provided by Player.
>
>   I first tried it with the default code and
> compiled
> it according to the directions in the howto. It
> worked
> perfectly. Then, all I did was just add the line
> "include <iostream>", compile and then run it. And
> it
> stopped working. The error I get is the following:
>
> "trying to load

/home/jimmy/arise/player_test/./exampledriver.so...failed

> (/home/jimmy/arise/player_test/./exampledriver.so:
> undefined symbol: __dso_handle)
> trying to load exampledriver.so...failed
> (exampledriver.so: cannot open shared object file:
> No
> such file or directory)
> error   : error loading plugin: (null)
> error   : failed to load plugin: exampledriver.so
> Segmentation fault"
>
> I'm not sure where the fault lies. My system details
> are:
>
> * Debian Etch (64 bit) on AMD64.
> * Compiler is: G++ 4.0
>
> Your help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jimmy

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Plugin error with iostream

Jimmy Desai
Hey Ben,

  Oops, sorry for that blank message. Just wanted to
let you know that the libtool solution worked. Thanks
a lot!

Jimmy